fur shot? 1/24 Tess PMPS 151 +8~224

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

We got woken up by a hungry kitty. :D Unfortunately, it was 2 hours until her shot.
    yesterday

Shot .75u, and she ate pretty well. More her early morning pay attention to me self. With the problems of the last couple of days, the 404 isn't unexpected, don't like it, but understand.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/24 Tess AMPS 404

I don't know that I'd call it "problems," I think the bounce after all of those very pretty numbers is finally catching up with Tess (along with a slightly less than full shed). I hope it clears quickly.

3. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

feeeeeed meeeeee! :) Hope she got to eat when she wanted :lol:

Come on down Tess, we want to play and you are too high for us to reach!

4. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/24 Tess AMPS 404 +4~162

Nice blue number! and Tess is eating again. The secret seems to be tuna water, at least for now. Fortiflora was mentioned as a good appetite stimulant, any other suggestions?

We need a couple of days more to see if this dose is going work, right?

The problems may be in my sleep deprived, adrenalin soaked brain. i meant all the ups and downs. I need to stop obsessing, do you believe I went through nearly a vial of strips in 2 days? That in itself could be a major factor.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad Tess has her appetite back....whatever works!
    Hope you can take some deep breaths and relax a little...you have been through a lot.!
    Doing a great job....breathe....rest your mind.... :YMHUG:

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Tess is blue again already, that's fantastic! Take a nap in case she wants to keep you up again tonight. ;-)

The bounces are normal, we all have to go through them. It will settle down when Tess is ready, some cats learn quickly and others take a while. Tess is doing great!

7. Ann & Tess GA

Here we go again. Tess's +8 GS is 60. Although she did eat this morning her appetite has dropped off too. less than 1/4 can (5.5oz) today. I don't want to over react and push the testing too much again. Can I safely wait an hour before testing again? This seems to be her nadir from the other cycles.

8. Libby and Lucy

Re: Again??? 1/24 Tess AMPS 404 +8~60

yep, I would just give her a tsp or two of LC food to help her surf for the rest of the cycle. Looks good! Might be a long night again tonight, though. The good news is that this is really good news! Tess is responding really, really well to Lantus and might be almost ready for another dose reduction soon.

9. Ann & Tess GA

thanks, I was hoping to hear that. any ideas on appetite stimulants/ Am trying a little parmesan cheese right now. She ate afew bites.

10. Libby and Lucy

Whenever I've needed to encourage food (which is rare, Lucy LOVES to eat even if she is full!), I've sprinkled a little chicken dust on her food (the crumbs from the bottom of the package of freeze dried chicken treats). That always works. Some people do use Fortiflora, but I haven't tried that. Apparently some cats think it is like crumbled up dry food so they think it's a big treat. Or tuna water or a little low sodium chicken broth. Sometimes just heating the food in the microwave for a few seconds, or adding hot water, makes it stinkier so they'll eat it.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Wow!! Tess is doing just great!

Other tricks to get kitties to eat include tuna or bonito flakes. They have the former at Petco and they are pretty much the same thing you can buy at Asian markets to make a stock. They are pretty stinky! If Tess likes "people" food, cooked chicken (no seasonings - can be poached or roasted) and cut up will work. Deli turkey or ham provided it's not honey roasted or cooked with seasonings may be inducements, as well. For some kitties, topping their wet food with a bit of baby food (the kind, usually Stage 2, that is just meat and broth) may also work.

12. Ann & Tess GA

We thawed some chicken and a little more Friskies Turkey and Giblets, but it had to be fresh out of the can, not the stuff that was sitting out. don't want to feed too much now or she won't eat later when she gets the Lantus.

I'm not that used to feeding canned. She only weighs 9.5 lbs. According to Dr. Lisa that should be 143 Kcal., A can off wet food is about 180 or more, so maybe I am expecting her to eat more than needed.

Yes, Sienne, the chicken did seem to jump start her. And sometime the bonito flakes work and sometimes not. :roll:

13. Ann & Tess GA

Tess is always willing to eat chicken or tuna. But since it is not a complete diet I worry about letting her have too much. What about supplements? and I know she shouldn't have seafood too often because of the mercury.

14. Ann & Tess GA

Re: Again??? 1/24 Tess AMPS 404 +8~60 +9~91

She's up to 91. She ate pretty well so there is some reflection of that in the rise. I'll do a +11.

15. Ann & Tess GA

Re: Again??? 1/24 Tess AMPS 404 +8~60 +9~91 +11~139

+11 was 139 for Tess, very happy. :mrgreen: Looks like we'll get to sleep again tonight. I don't know how you do it, up with your own cats and helping others so many nights.

16. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Re: 1/24 Tess AMPS 404 +11~139

Very nice blues & greens for Tess today. You're doing great, Ann! :thumbup

Hope she surfs the night away for you, with a pretty AMPS too. :mrgreen:

17. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/24 Tess AMPS 404 +11~139

Thanks Nancy & Bee, big hopes for the PMPS. and that the cycle doesn't drop too quickly.

Found some freeze dried shrimp treats that I'd forgotten about and she deigned to accept them. Maybe that crushed on her food would help too.

18. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/24 Tess PMPS 151

Wow! So far so good. :RAHCAT Will test at +2, +4 and try for +8 or close.

Freeze dried shrimp definitely work. :razz:

19. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Doing great, Ann! :thumbup

Tess just might let you get some Zzzzz's tonight! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

20. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/24 Tess PMPS 151 +3~183

Tess ate a pretty good meal for her after the PMPS, at +3 183 she ate quite a bit more

21. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Still seeing some nice blues! Hope Tess levels out for you tomorrow. Now get some rest!! :lol:

ni-ni Ann.

22. Ann & Tess GA

I-) Set the alarm for +5, see you in the morning unless something pretty dramatic happens.

23. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/24 Tess PMPS 151 +6~208

TRied for +5 slept through alarm, +6 was 208. Test again in 2 or 3 hours.

24. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/24 Tess PMPS 151 18~224

+8 was 224, do you think I gave a fur shot? I didn't feel or smell anything.

25. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Just looked at ur SS, it could be a food spike since u gave food at +4

Notice on 01/21 you had a similar rise after giving food at +4 and +5, she went from 88 to 255 by +6.

Hopefully she will settle down but if u think it was a fur shot - wait and see what others say.

26. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I think you are seeing a bounce from the greens in the AM cycle. Tess has been moving down the dosing ladder quickly. She may need a little time for her liver to complete liver training school (LTS) and stop panicking. Hopefully, the bounce will clear very quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.