Gandalf 1/15 AMPS 192 split dose .55U

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Not too bad. Hopefully he doesn't drop much between now and 10AM when I give the second split. Oh...just realized I'll have to use True Track meter for that as I used last Aviva strip this AM. Well, it measured lower than Aviva last night, so will keep that in mind.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

OK, how is it that you are drawing .55u? Wouldn't .5 and .6 be so much easier?

How much difference is there is the meters? I just stick with the TT because I can get strips for $15/50. There is no better deal.

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Haha! Remember the micrometer gadget I use? 1.1U on it is 1.3mm, divide 1.3mm by 2 = 65mm = .55U. :lol:
    Otherwise I couldn't even eyeball that.

Sheila, as far as I can tell, stick with your True Track. It measured his +2 this morning at 191, where the Aviva had him 2 hours earlier at 192. And yesterday they were 20 pts off in the 200s, but the True Track was lower. I say it's close enough to make the TT the better value. Also, I am using expired strips 6 months ago, they check out fine with control solution and are obviously performing well. I think the Aviva will not allow you to use expired strips someone said. I've never tried it. I hope TT takes a smaller bit of blood now. That is why I switched to Aviva, the smaller drops as well as the fact you don't have to fill up the whole strip and it reads fine. I wasted quite a few TT strips and figured what I saved on TT was wasted by having to use 2 or 3 strips sometimes. I just bought Aviva strips on Ebay for less than $17 for 50.

He was not too bad tonight, 226. I'm now exclusively using my TT and will be all weekend if the strips I just bought don't arrive tomorrow. Mailed Tuesday from PA - should have been here today if you ask me, but the seller sent USPS First Class rather than Priority. Another reason I saved money though.

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

oh yeah, forgot about that measuring device.

The only time I really have trouble with the TT strips not getting enough blood is when I use lancets other than BD Ultra Fine, but I know you use those too - or when I only have 2 strips left, then I am bound to screw up OR Beau will flick his ear.

226 is good.

5. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

i'm just impressed with the math skills there Vicky :thumbup !!!

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Math skills? What math skills? They don't teach this stuff in school ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.