Glucometer Readings Off...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Haylee&Tigger, Oct 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haylee&Tigger

Haylee&Tigger Member

Not a huge issue but could be if/when he winds up in the greens. I just tested Tigger and the first number I got was 469, I tested again because it was unusually high for today and got 404, I tested one more time for the heck of it and got 387. Thats a huge leap... and potentially a deadly one... Has anyone had this happen before? Should I purchase a new glucometer? The strips are in date, the thing has been programmed since the start, and the battery is completely fine. I'm not sure why it would read that way. Thoughts?

2. Denver & Magic (GA)

Denver & Magic (GA) Member

All glucometers have a +/- 20% allowable variance. I’d recommend running a test with control solution from the meters manufacturer and see if it reads within the reference range printed in the strip vial.

If the control test is in the prescribed range your meter and strips are functioning within the allowed tolerance. If the test fails you may have some strips which are defective or compromised by heat, cold, etc.

Haylee&Tigger likes this.
  3. Haylee&Tigger

Haylee&Tigger Member

Ahhh I wish I had kept that solution because I definitely did not.

4. Denver & Magic (GA)

Denver & Magic (GA) Member

You should be able to obtain replacement control solution either at Walmart or by contacting the manufacturer’s customer service.

Haylee&Tigger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.