Good Morning From the Alley! 5/26

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

I guess I should be posting in Grief, but if I can post about Sally (dog) in PZI, I assume it is okay to post about my feelings here...afterall, it is family, Right?!

The Vet School called yesterday and Kitty's ashes are ready for me to PICK UP! But, I am not ready yet-- as much as I want to complete this part of our journey, today is not the right day for me. I actually haven't cried this morning....YET! And, I know that life is for the living....so, I am starting a new chapter in my life. Kitty was my faithful companion for 16.5 years and now I must continue without her physical presence-- and she would want me too. Today, I am taking another step in that direction--- I am taking Chewy to the Beach for the Weekend with me-- his first trip! I have not been to the beach without Kitty since she was diagnosed, so it will be very different. I have to go buy Chewy a carrier-- I donated Kitty's to the Humane Society-- I couldn't bare to bring it home from the vet without her and Chewy had been using hers. Truly, she never needed it as she always rode in my lap or in the seat next to me.

My Heart Aches....and the hole is BIG, but I need to start moving forward.

Thanks so much for the support. I have developed some very special friendships here-- you are a very special group of people (crazy internet cat people..!!!)

I am not sure that I am totally back to being here, but I needed to be here this morning. For 17 months I started each day by posting here and it is hard to give up everything at once.

Wishing All Of You A Great Memorial Day Weekend from the Alley.....

PS....Don't worry to much about the numbers....just love your kitties!

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, if people without diabetic cats can't post here, Carl and I are in trouble..... :mrgreen:

Of course, you can post, and we need you to help, as soon as you are ready.

Hope you and Chewy have a lovely weekend at the beach. You need a breather and walking on the beach is always so good for thinking and remembering and enjoying the outdoors. Enjoy!

3. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

Hope you have a nice bonding time with Chewy at the beach.

4. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

A little salt air will do you a world of good! Have a great weekend!

5. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

I do hope you and Chewy have a wonderful weekend at the beach. It will be good for you to get away for a few days and I'm sure Chewy will enjoy the extra attention! Something about the salt air and watching the waves...it's 'good for what ails you' -

Take care -

Libby (and Hershey, too!)

6. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning my extra sweet family! I was SO just plain HEART HAPPY to see this posting this morning. You all let ME post in PZI when I'm technically not 'PZI' so surely YOU can!! Besides that, how can we keep up with all your extra sweet sugar babies?

Did you ever find out what KittyGirl's smell was? Scruffy still has it....

BIG HUGE HUG!!!

7. That's for sure! I'll continue to post here regardless, just cuz I'm a non-conformist!

Kim, I am glad to hear you are going to the beach. I was going to PM you a couple days ago and suggest it actually. For me, the beach is magic. On my crappiest day (and I've had a few this year but won't bore you with the ugly details), there is no better place for me to go. Being a five minute walk away sure helps, but the beach recharges my batteries, and it always restores my mental health. Enjoy the sun, enjoy your furries, and find the peace that is just waiting for you there.

Hugs,
    Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.