Gremlin - 30/12 - AMPS 248, +6 153, PMPS 142, +3.5 128 (vet today. Pic)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Dec 29, 2020.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Back off to the vet today...
    Gremlin broke a tooth a few weeks ago and it's giving him trouble again. As he has declined so much this last year, the vet won't do surgery on him so we just left the tooth and hoped he'd be okay (he did have antibiotics and stronger painkillers for a few days). He's been fine with it until yesterday when he started to struggle again. Today he ate his breakfast with no issues but I want to have him checked anyway. If there's an infection I'll ask for antibiotics but if there's an abscess, I'll have to say goodbye sometime soon :(
    Please send healing vines!

PXL_20201229_103859723.jpg PXL_20201229_110947402.jpg
    The photos are from last night.

2. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

His OTJ video popped up in my Facebook memories yesterday too. That was lovely to watch again! Even though remission only lasted seven months.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

He is so precious:bighug:. The photos are beautiful.
    Sending a truckload of healing vines to Gremlin, and lots of prayers and support to you both:bighug:.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Awwwwwww...he's soooo cute! How precious! Sending a huge banyan tree of healing vines your way!

I do hope he'll continue to eat well and enjoy snuggling with his mama bean every minute...don't worry about that ole toof!

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope he feels better soon.

7. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Does anyone have any ideas for claw clipping? With Grem having one less leg and not going outside anymore, his claws are like MONSTERS! I've been trying to clip them but it's hard. One claw on the front, while dull, is starting to poke his toe pad. I tried clipping it but can't get the clippers through it and worried I'll get his toe pad. I'm thinking I may need one of those electric files.
    If he is going to survive this tooth thing anyway.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

I got the vet to trim the one claw I super struggled with!!

New diagnosis, he has a mild heart murmur.

He's been given antibiotics and fluids today. His mouth has some small inflamed masses on the gums and the start of an infection. No sign of an abscess yet, but the masses may be an inflammatory response, or they may be cancer. He can't be put under so there's no way to know for sure expect to monitor him and his gums.

End result - keep monitoring his happiness levels and keep an eye on his mouth.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

2 of mine have nails that are thick and grow over quick. I take a human nail clip and nip the inside where it curls then I can get the clippers under the nail. I try to do all of them every 3 weeks before they get to long.

10. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines for your sweet orange guy.:cat:

11. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thanks for the tip Paula!! I did notice the nail was softer and crumblier underneath.

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I hope Gremlin bounces back with the antibiotics and fluids :bighug:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: