? Hairball help…

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by thornmallow__, May 18, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Shell likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Z I don't know of any supplement you can add to Falafel's food but I give Tyler petroleum jelly every couple of days.
    That's what is in hairball remedies anyway
    He loves it, I just put it in my finger and he licks it off.

I came across this when I just googled about home remedies
    Petroleum Jelly

You can trick your cat into relieving his or her own problems by applying a bit of petroleum jelly to a paw. Your cat is sure to lick the jelly away, lubricating the digestive track. This will help make feces elimination more comfortable, thus removing hair in the cat's digestive tract. Do this once a week or so.

Maybe another member might have some other suggestions :bighug::cat:

thornmallow__ and Shell like this.
  3. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

I have two cats, Corky and Coco she is 1/2 Main Coon so I know about hair and hairball, I a remedy that was prescribed , called VedaLax, is a gentle, reliable hairball preparation you give orally a small drop on your finger 2-3 times a week, my Coco loves it, however I had to stop giving it to Corky since he was diagnosed with Diabetes, it DOES, have Malt Syrup, Corn syrup, maple flavor, petroleum, cane molasses, soybean Oil, Soy protein concentrate,
    Sorbic Acid, potassium Sorbate and Vanilla flavor, so if your baby is diabetic, might want to find another product, I
    hope you find something that works for you
    :bighug::cat::cat:
    I was going thru posts, and realized that you do have a SS and your baby is diabetic, I would ask for instance, long term member Suzanne & Darcy / before you use it, I probably think you will not be able to for all the sweeteners involved

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    thornmallow__ likes this.
  4. Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall

Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall Member

thornmallow__ and CORKY like this.
  5. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

WOW great to know, because I had to stop the one I spoke of thanks for that input:bighug::cat::cat:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Egg yolk powder is another natural option. Details to purchase or make your own on this website.

7. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nordic Naturals also makes a good one for cats.