Help: Extreme Lethargy, High Numbers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tiffany + Jenga, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Tiffany + Jenga

Tiffany + Jenga New Member

Guys, I don't have the spreadsheet and all the stuff. I need help. I'm traveling. 16yo, diabetic for 1 year, was just near remission. Sudden weight loss and extreme lethargy.

Took to emergency vet in middle of night last night in a town I don't know. Numbers from vet are really high from just about a month ago (had been downward trending for months): glucose 428, fructose 613. No, I haven't had a meter... just bought.

Was on 0.5 units. I bumped that up and gave her 1.5 this morning (~2-3 hours ago). Icl can't reach my vet. She's fading in front of me. Emergency vet gave 100 ml fluids. I had given 100 about 6 hours before going in.

I can't reach my regular vet. Emergency vet gave me only 1 option: keep her for a week. I don't know this town, them, never was allowed to see their face.

Her kidney numbers tended up, too.

I'm pretty strong, I'm struggling. I can't get help to get an answer. I just need to get her out of this zombie state and from there I know how to get glucose back in control. Ideas for immediate help? More fluids? Can I do too many? Try to get food down her? I'm syringing liquids bc she goes to water but doesn't drink. Skin and eyes=dehydrated. Get her to another clinic? I'm worried the trip might do her in.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I am just seeing this. It really does sound like you need to get your cat to the vet ASAP. If you just increased this morning from .5 to 1.5 units, it's possible this was way too much. I hope you took kitty to the vet and they were able to help.