? Help spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zorrain, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Zorrain

Zorrain Member

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who’s cat was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I’m trying to figure out how you make the spreadsheet, it’s almost a new year so what you have to make one for 2022 and 2023. Is there any possibility that someone can send me the link on how to create it on here. I had someone help me with my last spreadsheet and I’m not very technology advanced.

2. Zorrain

Zorrain Member

@Bandit's Mom I think you help me last time, my friend is very good at spreadsheets and way smarter than me. I just can’t find the link on how she would create it.

3. Zorrain

Zorrain Member

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Zorrain likes this.
  5. Zorrain

Zorrain Member

6. Zorrain

Zorrain Member

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Georgia & Kevin likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

9. Georgia & Kevin

Georgia & Kevin New Member

Thanks for all your guys help!! It's really made a difference. Kevin is especially thankful!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  10. Suzanne & Darcy

You’re very welcome. We’re here to help you along the way on your diabetic journey.

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome @Georgia & Kevin.
    When is Kevin starting Lantus and what this the dose? I would recommend you test the urine for ketones using Ketostix which you can buy from Walmart or a pharmacy, and follow directions on the bottle.
    Are you feeding a low carb wet diet??

Georgia & Kevin likes this.
  12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Bhooma is in India so she was (hopefully) fast asleep when you tagged her but she should be here any time now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Here you go: How to Create a Spreadsheet

@Georgia & Kevin welcome to FDMB! :) I see you've set up the spreadsheet but it's missing the US tab. A lot of our members are in the US and more comfortable with mg/dl rather than mmol/L. The data in the US tab is automatically calculated based on the World tab. If you'd like me to add it for you, I can do it.

14. Georgia & Kevin

The Vet made our appointment for Wednesday December 7th. I went and bought all the supplies but have not had the conversation yet. He’s 17.7 mmol/L after his dinner tonight (Low to no carb wet food only). So I think I might start with 0.5 Units tomorrow to get him started at a minimum.

His urine test from the vet (November 27th, 2022) says he tested negative for Ketones in his urine.

@Bron and Sheba (GA)

15. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you decided on a dosing method yet? . HERE are the two dosing methods to look at. Looks like you might have decided as you have SLGS in the SS. Could you also add that to the signature please so we can see easily when helping you…thanks!
    Because he is on a low carb wet diet, I would start him on 0.5 Units.

That’s great he had no ketones, but I would still recommend you buy the Ketostix and test his urine a few times a week until he is regulated.

Georgia & Kevin and tiffmaxee like this.
  17. Georgia & Kevin

Yes! He's only been on LC Wet for 2 days. He's very happy to be doing so!

18. Suzanne & Darcy

What happened at the vet visit? I see you increased his dose to 1 unit. Try to get some mid cycle tests in so you can find out how low this dose is taking him (nadir) as well as when the insulin onset time is for Kevin. Many cats drop lower at night so it’s a good idea to always get a before bed test to see if he’s dropping and if you will need to set alarms for testing and feeding during the P.M. cycle. Hope all is well.

19. Georgia & Kevin

The vet was happy to hear Kevin had a spreadsheet and happy to hear my progress in things like having done the testing and shots! She will be checking his spreadsheet weekly to see if we want to increase the dose.

I asked her what kind of variance off my 12 & 12 schedule is okay. Like if 7:10 or 7:30 was too far away from 7 o'clock shots. She said (+/-) 2 hours max was acceptable but I'm not sure I would be okay with that kind of variance?

I'll try to do more tests here, I plan on doing my first curve this week!

20. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

With lantus, you want to be as close to every 12 hours as possible. 15 minutes one way or another usually isn't going to cause any problem. Every time we change our clocks we have to deal with either early or late shots so we try to keep it to 15 minutes per cycle or 30 minutes per day

Zorrain and Georgia & Kevin like this.