hercules' rollercoster BG continues

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hercule's mum, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

previous thread here: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/again-3-2-at-2-1.235609/#post-2641670

So... if I'm follow MPM i need to be evaluating where we are with the current dose, and make some adjustements tomorrow. However, he has been all over the place. I *think* when I can see a response is not too bad, but i also *think* there is a lot of bouncing. Can another pair of eyes have a look at his SS for the last 3 days and tell me what they think (it doesn't have to be specifically dosing advice...)?
    @Nan & Amber (GA)
    @Deb & Wink
    @Panic
    @Elizabeth and Bertie
    @Critter Mum

Thanks!!!

2. Hercule's mum

yesterday he seem to bounce for no obvious reason, and this evening he took quite an unexpected dive...

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure... looks to me like Hercules does bounce, but his bounces are pretty short and extreme.

Wondering if he went lower than the 8.6 you saw yesterday? Another thing to keep in mind (not in this case, just in general) is that bounces can result from very fast drops, even if the cat never goes low at all.

And yeah, I really can't help much on Prozinc dosing, I'm sorry.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Hercule's mum

Thanks Nan! No worries about the dosing.

I am just want to make sure I can recognize the bounces.

I am also not sure how to take bounces into consideration when following protocols. I assume I want to try and read nadirs by isolating bounces as much as possible. So, my reading is that at the current dose we can get him into blues, if he does not bounce....That should tell me to increase the dose, but I am worried about doing so with the amount of bouncing going on... Should I include his bounciness on my thinking? By that I mean, should I avoid increasing a dose, because it might also increase the bouncing?

5. Hercule's mum

and up we go! 22 @ +5....

6. Hercule's mum

Still very high this AMPS. Held the dose because he is diving quite fast, even though not going low enough. Anyone can comment if this seems areasonable approach? I am wondering if I actually need to go lower with the dose to see if we can stop the crazy bouncing?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.