Higher pre-shot numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bex_86, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bex_86

Bex_86 New Member

Hi everyone,

I did my first curve today on Benson. Is it normal for his pre-shot numbers to be higher a week into insulin treatment? Is this a bounce maybe?

Thanks!

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    I can’t see anywhere what type of insulin Benson is being given. It’s hard to comment much if we don’t know what type of insulin you are using except to say that he is responding to the insulin.
    Could you set up your signature please so that we have a bit of information about Benson. Details within this link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2hBsQg3cYS-C-d3QE4QYPb5TiOTW5_1EhW5Qf/pubhtml

I am also going to ask @Bandit's Mom if she wouldn’t mind just adding some details to your SS at the top of the page.

It is important also to be testing during the PM cycle as well as the am cycle. Getting a before bed test in every day is a big help. If the before bed test is lower than the preshot, I would set the alarm and get up a couple of hours later to see the BG has not dropped too much.
    If you can get some tests in during the am cycles as well, that will tell us how Benson is reacting to the insulin.
    Are you feeding a low carb diet and giving snacks during the cycles as well as the preshot meal?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Bron,

FYI, according to the World tab on Benson's spreadsheet it's Lantus and a human meter. (It caught me out earlier too!)

Mogs

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

6. Bex_86

Bex_86 New Member

switch to world and you will see all the info

7. Bex_86

Bex_86 New Member

The spreadsheet is set up on my signature already. It doesn't give all of the info with the US option for some rerason but when you switch to world you will see i have doen all the testing

8. Bex_86

Bex_86 New Member

I added a bit more info to my signature. I'm testing again shortly. I just wanted to know if it's normal for his preshot numbers to climb

9. Critter Mom

Bron tagged Bhooma earlier (Bandit's Mom). When she answers the tag she'll help you sort out the spreadsheet anomaly. :)

Mogs

Bex_86 and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you for adding to your signature

Bex_86 likes this.
  11. Critter Mom

It's not at all unusual to see one preshot higher than the other, or for there to be variations in preshots from day to day. To get an idea of how a kitty is responding to insulin, you need to look for an overall trend - upwards? downwards? static?

Mogs

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  12. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Bron and Sheba (GA)
    Hi Bron, I see @Bex_86 has added his signature can you help him with his question. Thank you Bron :cat:

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you Mogs :cat:

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Bex_86

Bex_86 New Member

Thank you all! How often would you suggest I do the curves? I'll be honest I absolutely hate doing it... I feel bad for his poor ears and don't want to do it more than necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.