How to calculate ProZinc dosage based on human glucose meter readings

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ChicagoBeck, May 14, 2024.

1. ChicagoBeck

ChicagoBeck New Member

I'm overwhelmed with all the information available and can't seem to find directions on how to interpret human glucose meter readings and how to dose ProZinc based on those readings. I got the FreeStyle Freedom Lite meter as I was very leary of the new version of AlphaTrak based on the very scary 1-star reviews).

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. ChicagoBeck

ChicagoBeck New Member

I created the spreadsheet about 20 minutes ago. Still figuring this all out.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi there. I would love to help you. I am glad you bought a human meter. When did your cat start on ProZinc? Do you have any tests to input on your spreadsheet yet? Is your cat on a low carb wet food diet? You should test before every insulin shot and get some mid cycle tests if at all possible. When we know how low the dose is taking your cat (nadir) we will know if more insulin is needed or if the dose is too much. I can help you with a lot of things. Tell me a little bit more about your cat and the situation. I don’t want to overwhelm you with everything at one time. I am glad you posted here. Welcome to the FDMB.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Have you read through the ProZinc dosing methods over on the ProZinc forum?

6. ChicagoBeck

ChicagoBeck New Member

Hi @Suzanne & Darcy . Sorry I went AWOL. Been dealing with a lot, but took your advice and went to ProZinc forum. Will post there now....

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. I wondered where you went. :bighug: But I answered you over there. :cat: