Inappropriate Urination vet appointment tomorrow

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MimiG, Oct 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MimiG

MimiG Member

I am linking my last thread https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/dosing-advice.275179/

Freddie urinated on the throw carpet in the bathroom last night or this morning. His litter box is in the bathroom closet. I also noticed him licking himself a lot last night under his tail. So I called the cat clinic and the soonest they could fit me in was Tuesday. So I called around to other clinics and got an appointment for him tomorrow.

My question is - if it is a UTI what is the antibiotic injection that is not recommended?

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Suzanne & Darcy
    @tiffmaxee

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You don’t want convenia. Ideally you want them to run a urinalysis and culture and sensitivity to see which antibiotics will work for the bacteria infection he has. If they suggest a broad spectrum oral antibiotic that’s ok but I still would want a culture if finances permit. Something like amoxicillin.

Diane Tyler's Mom and MimiG like this.
  4. MimiG

MimiG Member

His urinalysis shows that Freddie does not have a urinary infection but a very sore lesion in his mouth on one side which the vet feels may be causing his inappropriate urination. She’s scheduled him for dentistry on Wednesday and prescribed pain meds/anti inflammatory for his mouth lesion in the meantime. She may also biopsy the lesion once she has him under anesthesia and if it is not the result of a bad tooth.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I’d do the biopsy since he will be under anesthesia .

Diane Tyler's Mom and MimiG like this.
  6. MimiG

MimiG Member

Good news! The lesion is benign! Freddie has been doing well since it was removed and his teeth were scaled. He just had a faint and hoarse meow for a couple of days due to the tracheal tube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.