Low in the middle of the night of 41

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Holtfam6, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Holtfam6

Holtfam6 Member

So we have agreed something is up with chance and we have been sliding scaling him a little depending on his sugars. Last night pmps was 228 so we gave him 3 units. I got up and checked him at 2 am and he was 75. Not alarming but I felt something was up so I gave him a can of fancy feast pate and he ate all of it. My daughter wakes me up at 3 am and says chance is at 41 and was hiding. find him. He's alert and we fed him another can but this time high carb fancy feast. this was with the libre 2. We've been doing periodic blood checks to check accuracy with the libre. Sat up with him a bit and did a recheck on him by blood this time and he was 112. this morning I decided to drop him down to 4 units with amps of 355. He is tending to run higher during the day and dropping more mid afternoon but nights are becoming challenging. any thoughts @FrostD @Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Bron and Sheba (GA) @Suzanne & Darcy

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

So you have a few options. I don't quite buy the lower Libre numbers, but for safety's sake we have to assume they're real. Ideally the 41 itself would have been rechecked right away.

When you get low numbers like that - 40-50 is high carb food. Under 40 is HC + syrup. 50s you can try MC, some people choose LC. It really depends on where it is in the cycle and how hard he's dropping - you may need higher carbs sooner, or if nadir can try lower carb stuff. Regardless, below 50 on a human meter is always take action with high carb.

I dont quite think he's a true sliding scale cat just yet. But if you want to continue with it, I'd suggest it be less variable. I would try 3.75U above 300, 2.75U between 200-299, 1.75U in the 150-199 range - all this assuming you can monitor of course.

I personally would try more consistent dosing for about 2-3 weeks first. Right now he's swinging up to 300 points a cycle, bouncing, swinging, etc and it's all kind of aided by the high/changing doses. I would give 2.75U above 200 a try for at least a week and see how he does.

3. Holtfam6

Holtfam6 Member

Makes sense. So 2.75 twice a day greater than 200? Correct?

FrostD likes this.
  4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Correct