GA Lucian has crossed the bridge

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by nckitties3, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nckitties3

nckitties3 Well-Known Member

I realize we haven't been around for quite some time, but I know there are still oldtimers here that remember my boy Lucian. He was helped over the bridge today at 3pm, by his vet and myself. The last few months have been rough, not due to his BG's but his arthritis and diabetic neuropathy (sp) had left him almost crippled. After trying everything available to us, we decided it wasn't fair for him to suffer it any longer. He is my angel, always has been and my heart is broken even if my brain tells me that we did the right thing. His Vet said we had both done all we could for him. Unfortunately, that doesn't ease the heartache. :(

I will put an ad on the 'closet' if it's still here, in case there is anyone that uses PZI in my area of the Triangle - Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill NC area. I still have about 250U +/- and 70+ syringes that I will give to anyone needing it, just have to meet somewhere.

Blessings and light to all of you and your babies.

Debbie, Lucian (GA) and Patches

PS I also lost my girl Shadow since the last time I was here, she was not a sugar cat, but almost 20. :(

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Of course, I remember you and your sweet Lucian. I am so sorry to hear you have lost your sweet boy, but you always, always did the very best you could for him. He knew you loved him because you took some wonderful care of him - lovely treats, good food, a warm place to sleep and lots of pats and scratches. It is just so hard to say good bye.

3. nckitties3

Even when you know it's coming, as we have for a couple months, but kept trying different things in hopes of help for him. You just can't allow them to be miserable and in pain, that's cruel. Don't help the heart from breaking though. :(

Good to 'see' you Sue. Going back to the 'closet' I realized I also have 97 pen needles that I have no use for, never did.

Much love to all.

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I never had the pleasure of meeting your sweet Lucian and your baby Shadow, but I want to say how sorry I am to hear of their passing. It is always hard to let a beloved furbaby go, but you have given the greatest and hardest gift of love that any of us have to face. RIP sweet Lucian, run and be free and pain-free with Shadow,

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

5. nckitties3

Thank you hon. Today has been a hell of a week!

6. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

I did not meet you and your sweet Lucian before, but i'm so sorry for you that you needed to let your furry friend go.
    I wish you a lot of strenght in this difficult time.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Remember you are not alone in this and we are all here for you!

7. nckitties3

Thank you, it is very much appreciated.

8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Lucian.
    {{hugs}}

9. nckitties3

Thank you BJM, glad to 'see' you.

10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss

11. nckitties3

Thank you Janet, that's very kind.

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I remember you well Deb! I'm so so sorry that sweet Lucian crossed the bridge. You did everything you could and he knew that. In the end you gave him the final gift we can give. It's so hard but it's also a show of how much we love them.

13. nckitties3

Hi Rachel, nice to 'see' you. I know all the logic, it's the heartache that's so damned tough to get over.
    I feel a little better this morning, I only woke up once looking for him, which surprises me, I figured it would be several times, considering I was up every 2-2.5 hrs for almost 4 years. My biggest issue now, after I'm something close to normal, is to find a purpose. Lucian WAS my purpose, my life revolved around him and his shot times. Not being on a schedule, I was apt to cancel anything, Dr, Atty, get togethers and I did because of his numbers and everyone knew it. :) Caregivers of cats on a schedule really have no idea how fortunate they are. :) So I'm feeling less pain, but awfully lost today. It's a grieving process I suppose, this has been worse than any other furbaby in the past, we were just so close and had been thru so much.

SO! time for coffee and figure out what I'm going to do with myself today.

Wishing everyone well!

14. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. They mean so much to us, don't they?

15. nckitties3

Thanks Kris.
    Yeah, as much as you love them, you have no idea how much a part of your life and heart they are, until they're gone. I don't think I have ever felt as empty as I do today. I keep thinking there is something I need to do. I was so occupied with Lucian continuously, all day and night, now I feel just hollow. :( I know, it'll pass or at least ease off with time, but it sure sux at the moment.

16. nckitties3

Let me edit, I checked the PZI and it is about half full, 1000U (10ml @ 100Uper ml) so about 450-500U left. Hope someone can make use of this. it's good for at least another 3 months, I'd hate to throw it away. And if not obvious, it's free for anyone local, not sure I'd want to mail it since it has been opened.

17. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

My condolences on your Lucian and Shadow's passing. My thoughts are with you.

Fly free sweet kitties.

18. nckitties3

Thank you, that's very sweet.

19. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Deb - I'm SO sorry that it was Lucian's time to cross....BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOOONG HUG and more. Thank you so much for sharing him with us....such a beautiful sweet baby.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet boy....landing softly back in Mama's broken heart...

20. AJHJ

AJHJ Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

21. nckitties3

Thank you all. Wish I could find someone close that could use his PZI. I'll keep checking the 'closet'.

22. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( I know what it's like when they are gone and you look for them for a while. I know that I imagined I could see Crunchie for months after he passed. I miss that now , several months down the line. It is as if they are still with me somehow when I catch something out of the corner of my eye in the places he used to be...watching and waiting to see if we are OK before they leave us.
    I hope in time the pain will ease, and you can find it inside to offer a place to another critter so that they can have some love they might not get otherwise. cat_wings>o

23. nckitties3

Thank you Tara. If that is Tempest in the pic, he looks just like my late kitty Ripley. He left us about 5 yrs ago, but it's amazing how much they look alike. So sweet!

Yes, I have felt very lonely without Lucian, we were so close after all we had been through. I think my girl Patches feels it too, she's been more affectionate since Lucian's passing. I expect to move the end of the year and will have to get her a friend to play with after we move and once I have a place of my own, I'm sure I'll end up with another sugar cat, since I know how to care for them and so many get tossed out when they are dx'd. I plan to get in touch with DCIN and see if they need my help, maybe foster 1st. :)

Best to all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.