Mal, how is Tubby doing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Haven't received your report in a few days. Hope all is going well. Please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

2. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Mal and Tubby (GA) Member

One more test at +11 then done. Readings are high.Cat seems to be the same for the last few days.
    Going to 1.5u.
    1u is still too low. No ketones. :smile:

3. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Is the testing getting any easier? I see you got three whole tests in today. :)

And I also see you have set up a profile! Good job. It makes it much easier.

4. Mal and Tubby (GA)

That's it for today. Any more and he hides and is afraid of me. :sad:

5. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Mal, you did good getting all those tests in during the day. Are you home during the day on weekdays? I would suggest trying for a +3 either morning or evening to see if he drops lower earlier. I does happen.

I see that his neuropathy is getting better - that is good news.

6. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Tried to get blood at+2 this morning. 10 punctures cat fighting for his life.
    Tubby is now close to the symptoms he had BEFORE he was dx. Ravenous and drinking lots of water. The caninsulin at least stopped the symptoms. :sad:

7. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

Hi Mal,

In your top secxret patent pending home testing style, please be sure to warm the ear...either by vigorous massage, rice sock warmed in micro or warm cloth or gentlypressing ear between fingers...

Cat's ears are low blood, low pain and need to be coaxed.

Also, have you been able to get some smaller lancets? Those 25's are pretty big! I use 31 ultra fine and am able to get plenty of blood.

Also, the cap on your lancet pen should twist or something to adjust the depth that the lancet punctures the skin. I have mone set on fourth to the deepest. I also press down a bit on the ear as I click for good measure.

Have you checked to see if someone is near that can maybe help you in person?

Also- is it possible to have your vet get any preshot numbers? So we know where all those fine numbers you ARE getting are coming form and going to?

Last- please remember that the body needs a settle period between dose changes. 3 - 5 days is reccommended, but you can look at my PK's sheet and see that most of the time we don't see results form a dose change until the 6th day or longer!

hang in there..it takes time and patience...feed a little more for the hungries and leave extra water for the thirsty's...things should get better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.