Managing Stress Spikes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Artbyveda, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artbyveda

Artbyveda New Member

Hi, guys. I’m Veda and my kitty is Eazy Pie Taylor. Eazy enjoys long walks in the yard with his human, lying on a beach blanket under the tree, and living room Parkour that totally ignores the cat tree.

I have not been on this board for a couple of years. Before I was on because Eazy’s brother, Luna, had diabetes. We did get Luna’s diabetes under control and even into remission, but he passed suddenly from a stroke related to a blood clot, last winter. Now, his brother/litter mate has diabetes and the things that worked so well for Luna have not worked quite as well for Eazy.

Eazy is my super sensitive kitty. His numbers will average between about 100-180 in a typical week, but spike when gets stressed. I’m still trying to get him back under 200 since his NYE fireworks spike.

My question is how you manage pet stress? Eazy is 12 years old (tomorrow) and has never done well with loud noises. I have a sound machine, the pheromone diffuser and calming treats. The calming treats make his BG shoot up, so they are reserved for the 4th of July only. Any suggestions? Is my kitty the only kitty whose BG is so tied to emotions?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you tried Rescue Remedy for pets? Keeping the radio/TV on if there are loud noises outside.

Artbyveda likes this.
  3. Artbyveda

Artbyveda New Member

Hi, Wendy. I haven’t tried rescue remedy. I will try that next. Thanks!

On the 4th, I can keep the TV loud, but often times the noises are unpredictable. I live in Seattle and the fireworks will stop and start off and on over a 24 hour period. Also, this year with people quarantined, people have been setting fireworks off at least once a week since May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.