Meme back to ER, possible Fatty liver or Triaditis

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rawia, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

Hi everyone,

I rush Meme today to the ER again as i noticed her barley moving ans sleeping for over 12 hours.

the vet email me back after long time waiting:

( I repeated the blood test. There is an elevation in the white blood cells which could suggest inflammation. There is also an elevation in one of the liver enzymes and an elevation in bilirubin. In this case this is likely to reflect liver dysfunction.

I have started Meme on intravenous fluids, anti-nausea injections, injectable antibiotics and methadone for pain control).

well i am in tears now, what can cause this and is this life threatening condition?

last wees she was in the ER too and the test came back with little elevation in blood cell only which did not bother the vet at all.

what can happen in this short time, please if anyone experienced this help me with some relief news.

I will call the clinic back the first in the morning to know more.

can she survive? Is this the reason why she dropped to low blood sugar? Can this crashing be the reason? Any medication that i am giving her can cause this?

i am trying to figure it out what i did wrong and cause this to her, can the mouth inflammation andbacteria cause this?

any help with any information will be relief for me.

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Praying for you and Meme. It sounds like she has an infection. Don't give up on her yet. I have had cats with severe infection and anemia completely recover. If you are allowed to visit her, bring something you have worn that has your scent on it to leave with her and visit her often. That will also help her.

Nan & Amber (GA) and Critter Mom like this.
  3. rawia

rawia Member

Can infection damage her liver, is there chance to recover from liver dysfunction.

can her Gingovastomatis cause this?

when the i flmattion in her mouth started her kidneys value elevated as well but then came back slowly down.

We tried many antibiotics to treat the bacteria from her stomatitis but nothing work.

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

5. rawia

rawia Member

I will ask them to send me the lab result.

she was not eating properly the past week and hospitalized for IV, she ate small bites, not completely off.

the last week result was fine only little elevated in white cell, if it is liver failure i asum that the lab would catch it last time??!!

I am living in Middle East(Bahrain) , there is no special vet unfortunately:(

I am praying to be a treatable condition .

6. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Adding my prayers to yours, Rawia.

(((Rawia and Meme)))

:bighug:

Mogs

7. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there was an internal medicine vet across the bridge in Saudi Arabia. A quick search showed mostly an interest in chickens and camels. I'm sorry if my questions are off the mark. I know only a bit about Bahrain, stories told to me by Bahrainain friends who attended the American School.

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It sounds like fatty liver, hepatic lipidosis. Cats can get this in just a few days if not eating enough. They might use a feeding tube to get proper nutrition into her. The question is why’s he stopped eating. Prayers.

9. rawia

rawia Member

She stopped eating because her BG dropped to 24 two days ago and i had hard time bringing it up. She also crashed a week ago and dropped low 3 times but i can manage to bring her up quickly. Her mouth Stomtities caused her a lot of pain and uncontrolled BG numbers. We was struggling for 3 months and trying many antibiotics until we end up with using pred which helped but make her more sick.

I am wondring if the bacteria can transfer from mouth to other organs??

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Poor baby. Bacteria can transfer in humans so I think the same may be true for cats. An antibiotic should fix this if that’s the case. :bighug:

11. rawia

rawia Member

I received an update email from the vet this morning:

(To answer your question, yes, hepatic lipidosis could be a possibility for her hyperbilirubinemia, but I am also suspicious of a condition called Triaditis. This is an inflammatory condition (of unknown cause) that effects the pancreatitis, liver, and GI tract. In order to know more about what could be going on, Meme would need to have a ultrasound with a highly skilled ultrasonographer to have her pancreas, liver, gallbladder, etc imaged and potentially biopsied. )

This is part of the email, there ultrasound machine is being serviced so they are unable to do it now to confirm the condition but she told me that Meme looks much better today and they syringe feeding her, maybe we will need a tube but they will see.

this was little relief that she doing little better, i know that she is not going to eat even if she was starving, she only eats when i am around and prefer to be at home.

they are trying to control her diabetes as well.

12. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad she's doing a bit better now. I wish I could offer some helpful information, but it does sound like she is in good hands (other than the out-of-commision ultrasound, sigh).

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  13. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

My prayers continue for Meme and you. Feeding tube sounds scary but it can be a life saver.:bighug:

14. rawia

rawia Member

She ate half of her food today, the vet was happy with this but they have difficult time controlling her diabetes, no much response.

she stayed around 300 which was the same with me.

maybe the stress and inflammation still causing this??!

they will continue administering insulin and see what happened.

15. jt and trouble (GA)

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and certainly Meme:bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Critter Mom

Really pleased to hear that Meme was able to eat a bit today, Rawia. :)

More prayers for you and your little one on the way.

:bighug:

Mogs

17. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to here Meme ate some today. Yes, stress and inflammation can increase glucose levels significantly. I would not be surprised when she is feeling better and at home that you see her levels drop.

Meme we are all praying you feel better soon.

18. rawia

rawia Member

So with no ultrasound around and a suspicious of two diagnoses ( fatty liver or triaditis)!!?

I read about fatty liver and it is something that can recover from but triaditis seems scary which caused three organs inflammed and a cat would have a pancreatitis flare up!!

she did not seem to have abdominal pain?!

alsoI am scared because that means based on what i read that the inflammation triggered three organs, pancreatitis, GI and liver and it is an uncured condition!!??

any experiamce with this?!

sound scary to me

I saw some member here that has experience with pancreatitis, what should i do to prevent this in future if this is the diagnosis?

19. jt and trouble (GA)

Rawia put that in your title. the triaditis that is. If someone has experience with it they can see it. I cannot help with Pancreatitis though.:bighug:
    sending prayers for strength, while you and Meme deal with all this.
    jeanne

Critter Mom likes this.
  20. rawia

rawia Member

Done

thank you

21. rawia

rawia Member

I would like to share with you some supplements that I have been using since she diagnosed with Gingivostomatities after searching for what can help her, maybe one of these if someone has experience cause this side effect.

I am using this probiotics in small doses and not everyday
    upload_2020-10-14_23-50-12.jpeg

I am using FortiFlora occasionally as an appetite Stimulater
    upload_2020-10-14_23-52-0.jpeg
    I am using this fish oil also from time to time

upload_2020-10-14_23-52-40.jpeg

This product I have been using for one week now but also start in low dose as i read many good review about it and recommend it for Stomtities
    upload_2020-10-14_23-53-50.jpeg

I am using this multivitamin also from time to time
    upload_2020-10-14_23-54-34.jpeg

And one more thing I have been using for a few days is Zyrtic 5mg once a day ( I did a lot of research about it and Stomatitis group suggested this medication as it helped , I read that there is no serious side effect but i still feel that maybe something was not good for her.

22. jt and trouble (GA)

Have you shared this information with your Vet? I think since Meme is so fragile lately they should know everything you are giving her.
    They definitely would be able to tell you is they are good or bad. I hope if someone else knows more they will share with you.
    Sending positives and prayers. :bighug::bighug:

Tomlin and Critter Mom like this.
  23. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I saw your post on Butters thread and just wanted to let you know I am sorry you are going through something similar :(. Thoughts and prayers :bighug:.

I agree with the above recommendation to share the supplements info with the treating vet. It is always good for them to know the information.

Critter Mom likes this.
  24. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that Meme is going through similar health challenges right now. :bighug::bighug::bighug: It's so hard to see them sick, I know. I'm sending so many healing vines for your girl, and lots of prayers for her too.

25. jt and trouble (GA)

Praying for Butters here too Lyla :(:bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Critter Mom

Prayers from this quarter too. Pancreatitis is such an awful affliction. I'm glad that Butters is at a really good hospital now.

(((Butters)))

Mogs

27. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Jeanne and Mogs. :bighug::bighug:

rawia, I would like to be using holistic remedies for Butters, like you are with Meme. But sometimes, IMHO, they just don't cut it. I agree with the others to tell your vet everything you are giving her. Even with holistic remedies, there can be contraindications with pharmaceuticals.

Stress and inflammation can play a role in her BG numbers. If you have time to read through my last few condos in the LB&L forum, you will see much discussion about the factors that impact BG and why it is important to err on the side of caution when administering insulin when a cat is suffering from stress and inflammation. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.