? Messed up the time change, need advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen and Chispa, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Despite the super helpful and repeatedly bumped sticky on how to adapt to to Daylight Savings Time, I still managed to screw it up. The problem is that I was aiming toward being out tonight at dinner time and possibly getting home late — while completely forgetting that I have to go in to the office tomorrow morning, and the latest I can shoot will be 8:45 a.m. And I won’t be around to test all day. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I will have to move her shot time up by 30 minutes tonight (9:15) and tomorrow (8:45). My question is, since I won’t be home tomorrow to test, should I reduce the dose by .25, maybe even starting tonight, to keep her safe? I can leave two MC or HC meals in the feeder, but higher carbs don’t always stop her from dropping, rebel that she is.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom @Wendy&Neko

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d mover her up 30 minutes tonight and see how it goes. You could then either shoot as normal tomorrow morning depending on the bg or shoot a BCS dose. Some people shoot an hour early and are done with it. When will you be back tonight?

Karen and Chispa likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

At Chispa's size of dose and depot, shooting just 0.25 units less won't do to impact the cycle. I agree with Elise, see how it goes and if necessary a BCS (maybe half dose) tomorrow. That still won't prevent the first half of the cycle being influence by the depot, but the higher carbs could help.

Karen and Chispa likes this.
  4. Karen and Chispa

Thanks so much, Elise and Wendy. I will be home just in time to move her up by 30 minutes tonight.

It’s really the first half of tomorrow’s cycle that concerns me because if anything she tends to dive at + 2 and/or + 3, often (but not always) leveling out at +4. I’ve never seen her go lower after * 5.

She’s been so unpredictable lately that I can’t even guess how any cycle will go. That said, she doesn’t seem prone to hypos — she got down to 49 ONCE. But then she had low 50s this week out of the blue. That’s why I was thinking maybe start reducing the dose tonight, so that the reduction would affect the earlier part of tomorrow’s cycle … does that make any sense?

ETA: She is at 118 now (9:10 pm), so I guess today’s surf in the 70s is not going to continue (darn it).

@tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    Reason for edit: ETA
  5. Karen and Chispa

UPDATE: I took a hard look at Chispa’s spreadsheet, decided there is no pattern whatsoever, and shot the notmal dose. I’ll probably do the same tomorrow morning and leave a very generous amount of food out and in the feeder, because she is very good at chowing down when her BG drops. I’ll leave an assortment of HC/MC/LC and hope that her cat wisdom will guide her in the proper choices.

tiffmaxee and Wendy&Neko like this.