? Mimi 9/14 still haven’t given shot. Not super hungry and dropping (ketones low .2)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...4-84-6-73-pmps-102-1-164.235253/#post-2634408

Still haven’t given shot- tested her about 30 minutes ago when she would have gotten her shot and number was 118 . Fed her some of her raw chicken formula food- didn’t really eat it - kind of just picked and licked- opened a can of FF LC I had and she ran to it like she was starving- started to eat it but again, kind of picked at it.

tested again and it’s 107. So she’s dropping even with the influence of food (or it’s possible the food hasn’t taken effect yet?)
    Either way.
    Her + 9 I think it was showed 142 so she’s been dropping.

I have to leave for the day should I skip? It’s already about 30-45 minutes past regular time. Or shoot reduced? Call a fur shot?
    she seems really scared of me this morning too almost like “no mom, no insulin today” 2.25 is the highest she’s ever been on...

@Chris & China (GA)

@Wendy&Neko

Here’s the new thread. I tagged you in both.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm at work and can't stay on. Can you try feeding her some MC or HC and see if she eats? It's not ideal to skip if you can avoid it. Hopefully she'll eat something for you so you can shoot.

3. Mimis mom

It’s like been an hour now since her last shot. I think I have to skip at this point? I don’t know. I’m sure her depot is totally full. Should I give her a reduction then? 2 units? Should I feed her HC even without a shot?

Current BG is 113 with very little food influence

4. Mimis mom

I have to leave for the day and would rather her not get hypo if she decides not to eat.

Are some cats on Zofran indefinitely? Just wondering if she’s nauseas

5. carfurby (GA)

You can try a reduced dose, but it may not help with the current cycle because of the depot. My thought with the HC food was to see if she will eat something and then you could give insulin. If you skip, you probably don't need HC or MC food.

6. Mimis mom

She just ate some of her raw formula but seemed nervous doing it- like I was going to do something (give a shot, test or clip her nails) like kept looking at my in fear every time I made a move. I did just have my 4 year old niece over last night and she is afraid of small kids so she hid most of the night. Maybe she’s still traumatized from that. Should I get her on some anxiety meds? Lol seems like when I left that time for 33 hours with a sitter she stopped eating then too. Is she getting really dependent on me enough where I can’t leave? Even if a dog comes over for a few hours she acts scared several hours after that. She’s an extremely mellow cat but maybe that’s cause she “internalizes” all of her “feelings”. Awwww

7. carfurby (GA)

It sounds like she's still bothered by your niece being around. If you think she'll eat today I'd at least shoot a reduced dose.

8. carfurby (GA)

I'm sorry I've got to log off. @tiffmaxee if you're still on do you have any thoughts?

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

There is a history of dka, skipping is not ideal.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You need to shoot something. What have you did in the past?

11. Mimis mom

I skipped the shot. I’m ok with it. She’s never not hungry and because I couldn’t be around to monitor her eating I couldn’t take the risk.
    I left the autofeeder and she ate both small meals, so maybe she was just nervous. Mimi is very smart and I feel like she was telling me to not shoot her today, because she’s acting totally normal again, and did after I didn’t shoot (I stayed till about 11:30 and she did eat before I left)