? MIMI 9/6 AMPS 136, +2 99, fed LC +2.5 88 active cycle?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ave-up-surfing-for-a-bit.234568/#post-2625868

so I have to leave for the day and after I saw the 88 I went right in with HC - I know that was aggressive but I wanted to see how it affected it. Should I leave HC in the feeders?
    From my past experiences it seems that she does well with one HC intervention- so maybe this would be enough.
    Does her body understand better now since she’s been a diabetic for a year? Before I felt like I had to HC her a couple of times.
    I mean she could very well surf today but I think by the dropping early in the cycle that might not be the case and I can’t be here to check it?

@Wendy&Neko

@tiffmaxee

@Chris & China (GA)

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Guess so. How soon before you leave? Can you freeze food and leave out some cubes for later?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see it's a year tomorrow since Mimi's diagnosis. You should know her response to food well by now. Stay safe Mimi.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Mimi surfs safely today.

Mimis mom likes this.
  5. Mimis mom

She always surprises me though... like I didn’t think me leaving for 32 hours and having a pet sitter would cause her to stop eating :(. She gave me a scare last week.

6. Mimis mom

I left her HC for her +5.5 and MC +7.5
    I typically stop feeding her after +6 but I was too nervous.

My extra caution came from her not breaking the 200s the last 2 weeks and this is her first drop in a longer time than normal time.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

She started the same way on 8/18? What did you do that time? Write down in remarks what you do each time and see how she reacted.