Misty bg 63

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bree & Misty, Sep 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bree & Misty

Bree & Misty Member

Hi,
    Tonight Misty dropped from 160 at pmps (I gave her a reduced dose of 1 unit, had somewhere to be so could not stall) to 81 at +3 (edit, 76 at +4, gave about two teaspoons fancy feast gravy). I assume I'm going to be in for a long night :blackeye:
    She's seen some blues this week, this is the first green I've caught so far.
    Does she need a reduction? Any insights on why she dropped so low on only 1 unit?
    Anything else I should do? I have some high carb food on hand if needed.
    @JanetNJ or @ any other prozinc user?
    Thanks

EDIT again!!!
    +5 is 63 even after a little hc at +4. Terrified we are heading for a hypo. Feeding more hc now

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. BellaBlue82

BellaBlue82 Member

Hi Bree, I hope Misty is ok!! @JanetNJ has been a great help to Nico and I, guiding me thru his recent reduction decent... I'm sure you'll here from her soon. But it does sound like a reduction was earned last night. :bighug:

Bree & Misty likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Hi.... 63 is a safe number on a relion. Normal is 50-120. Just give a snack of his regular carb food. He did earn a reduction though so you can lower the dose by 0.25.

4. Bree & Misty

Bree & Misty Member

She is okay, fed some high carb and she went up to 106. Thank you :bighug:

5. Bree & Misty

Bree & Misty Member

Ah sorry! I read somewhere that the take action number was 60, maybe that was for the pet calibrated meters.
    Reduced for am shot. Thanks :)

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.