Mr. Cutesy crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Megan Rizzo, May 23, 2024.

1. Megan Rizzo

Megan Rizzo Member

For those that have helped me since DX in March, just updating that Mr. Cutesy crossed the rainbow bridge Tuesday afternoon. My heart is devastated and our home is completely shattered. He was only 8 years old… he was diagnosed with diabetes late March and went DKA first week in April. He stayed in the vet hospital a couple days and came home stable with all the meds he needed. I worked really hard to learn the ropes of his diabetes with the help of amazing members of this group and the message board. Unfortunately he went DKA with no warning at all Monday morning. I tried my best to syringe feed him and do everything I could around the clock tirelessly… but his little body kept declining. When I brought him to the vet to be examined my heart knew The vet gave 2 options of hospital stay again but explained he probably had an underlying condition for him to continually keep going back DKA (with possibly not making it through hospital stay) and that this would keep happening. I could see how sick Mr. Cutesy was so I had no choice. I am a wreck, I’m not sure how people manage this grief and pain. I know this was the right thing, but I’m grieving the many years of life he should have had mixed with the pain of missing him at our home. We go to pick his ashes up Friday, and my oldest son and I are working on picture collages and frames and a special place to keep his collar and ashes. Any advice with the grieving process would be appreciated. I am not taking this well at all.

*Also a huge thank you to the members of this group and message board for most likely giving me more time with my sweet baby, I can’t thank you enough*

upload_2024-5-23_11-22-28.png

2. JulieL

JulieL Member

I am so very sorry to hear about Mr. Cutesy. I know your heart is broken, and words can’t begin to ease the pain you are feeling. I’m sure Mr. Cutesy felt your love, but that doesn’t ease the devastation you are feeling. Losing a fur baby is so painful. Even though we may never physically meet each other on this forum, we get connected by the journey we are all on, and we share in the pain and sense of loss. Sending you my deepest condolences.

3. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences, so sorry for your loss, I do know myself cannot imagine the feeling I do now that when at times when my Corky has become unstable in his Bg's, I just cry my eyes out thinking what I would do if I were to lose him, I adopted him from the shelter at only 6 weeks old, he will be 11 in July, and being hit with diabetes last January 2nd, has rattled me to my core. both my babies are my family, comfort, company, and therapy, gladly to say he is very healthy overall, and recuperated quite quickly. your Cutesy is not in pain any longer. You are my hero for taking that step, I am sure God will put in your path another furrr baby to love, although Cutesy cannot be replace. in this Forum withing the main page you will find a section for grief and comfort, called Grief Support. take good care
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::rb_icon:cat_wings>o from Corky, Coco and myself sending love

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear of Mr Cutsey’s passing. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free little one and land softly.

6. Megan Rizzo

Megan Rizzo Member

Thank you so much.

JulieL likes this.
  7. Megan Rizzo

Megan Rizzo Member

Thank you so much!

8. Megan Rizzo

Megan Rizzo Member

Thank you so much

9. Megan Rizzo

Megan Rizzo Member

It is really difficult. I am like you, I got my animals when my first born was about 2-4.. my dogs are 11 and Mr. Cutesy was 8.. so they stay with us forever and are family. I will definitely check out the grief page to help with the hump, it’s been very overwhelming for me. Thanks so much!!

10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Mr. Cutsey knows how much you love him and did everything you could for him. It is never easy to say goodbye to our pets and I feel your pain.

Fly free Mr. Cutsey and watch over everyone who loves you.

cat_wings>o