Nebula AMPS 267: @0.25 Units, hold or increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nebula's O`hana, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Nebula's O`hana

Nebula's O`hana Member

Hi All :)

Got an AMPS of 267 this morning and have been cruising in the yellows and blues for a few days now. Nebula has tested negative for ketones the past 2 days, yay!

What we've noticed, and you can see from the trends is that her BG seems to have gone up after the most recent 0.25 shots.

Her diet hasn't changed, still LC Wet Foods and freeze dried chicken 100% as snacks (1 or 2 max). Since she's been a lot healthier and gained much of her weight back (back to 10 lbs) would you recommend going up to 0.50 for this next shot and see how it fairs?

thanks all!

Previous Thread:

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...la-amps-153-shoot-retest.249141/#post-2811105

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Melody,

I'd throw up a question mark in your thread title to get some eyes on your question. Since you and Nebula are rather new to this dance, I'd be inclined to hold the dose for 10 cycles to see how Nebula does given that she's hitting some nice blues. You're on cycle 6 right now. Hopefully someone with more experience will be around to chime in. Nebula is so beautiful! :)

Nebula's O`hana likes this.
  3. Nebula's O`hana

Nebula's O`hana Member

Thanks Kat, and Ruby's a super cutie as well! I'll update the title to get some more eyes on it.

Thanks again!

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Melody, have you decided if you are doing TR or SLGS yet?
    If you could decide that would be helpful. TR would be better because of the ketones.
    Either way, because of the recent ketones, if you do not see any low blue numbers or greens this cycle, I would increase to 0.5 units the next cycle, providing you can monitor closely, have plenty of test strips and have high carb food and honey or Karo.
    When a cat has had ketones we tend to be a bit more aggressive with the dosing to prevent ketones from reappearing.

5. Nebula's O`hana

Nebula's O`hana Member

Thanks Bron! We're going to look at the differences tonight for TR and SLGS, we haven't committed to any as of yet, but it's probably better if we do so we can see some more impactful results. :)

That's a great tip to know in regards preventing ketones as well as what to look for before increasing. As always, your wealth of knowledge is appreciated!

Every time we got a yellow reading, I got a bit nervous, that's why I was thinking about increasing the dosage.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.