Need advice/opinion

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cris & Wolvi, Sep 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris & Wolvi

Cris & Wolvi Member

Hi everyone

I made my first post (Once again - with new account) at Prozinc Forum but I'm not getting any answers since thrusday, so what do you think - it's better ask my questions here since Prozinc Forum doesn't have mutch movement

TY

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You are obviously welcome to post in either place. Your observation is correct -- many people will post on Health because there is more activity here.

@JanetNJ is a very experienced Prozinc question along with several others. Feel free to tag her if (or others) if there's something you need feedback about.

I do have a question. What syringes are you using? U40 or U100. Are you converting your doses from a U40 to a U100 syringe? In looking at your spreadsheet, U100 is in units, not ml. You also list 2.8u if using a U40 syringe as 0.7u on a U100 syringe. That's in incorrect conversion. 2.8u would be 7.0u on a U100 syringe. This is the link to the conversion chart.

If no one has mentioned this, you truly need to get some PM cycle tests. You have no idea what's happening during the PM cycle and as a result, you don't know if Wolvi is dropping into lower numbers and then bouncing by pre-shot times. In essence, you're missing half of your data. Is it possible for you to get a test every night before you go to bed?

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Hi your best bet is to tag someone. Now that school started I'm on here much less. (Was working from home for a year and a half ago I had more time to check the boards). Another thing you could do if you need answers fast is post a link to your questing on the fdmb fb group which gets a lot of eyes.

4. Cris & Wolvi

Cris & Wolvi Member

Hi Sienne
    I use U100 syringe that has 0,3 ml with Prozinc insuline and the conversion chart but I put the 2 numbers so all family could see if for some reason I could'nt do the shot - never hapanned but we never know.
    I really would like to test more during the night but I have some health problems with insomnia and if I set the clock to wake up me I will not fall asleep again and next morning I'm with vertigo and very bad but I will try my best.
    Yes I know my baby is a bouncing boy back in 2019 he was like that.

P.S. I tried to upload a my syringe photo but I did not make it.

❤️

5. Cris & Wolvi

Cris & Wolvi Member

Hi Janet
    I did taged you at Prozinc forum but maybe it did not work.
    No problem I will wait for your answers or some one here.
    I really don't like FB groups because to many opinions
    Is there some one else that I could tag here besides you.
    ❤️

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Cris --

I'm not entirely sure you understood my point. If your Prozinc dose with a U40 syringe is 2.8u, your dose if you're. using a U100 syringe should be 7.0u. The amount you have on your spreadsheet is 0.7u.

What is your shot time? Would moving shot time a bit earlier allow you to get at least one test before you go to bed every night?

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sienne is correct... If you are only drawing the insulin to the 0.7 line on the u100 you are only giving 0.25 units upload_2021-9-19_8-44-27.png

upload_2021-9-19_8-44-27.png

8. Cris & Wolvi

Cris & Wolvi Member

In my SS I have for u40 syringe "U" and for u100 syringe "ml".
    Back in 2019 my vet and also endocrinologist vet teach me to put the doses into the syringe for example 2.8U = 7.0U = 0.07 ml
    wish I could upload a photo
    My shot time is 7.30 AM and 7.30 PM - the last night I tested him at 11.30 PM

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It would make much more sense to use the unit dosing equivalent on your spreadsheet vs putting in ml amounts. No one here uses ml when referring to insulin dosing.

Cris & Wolvi likes this.
  10. Cris & Wolvi

Cris & Wolvi Member

I understand you... but as my vet see my SS and she usually give me the dose in u40 units and ml since 2019 I kept it that way.
    But I'm sure I' giving the 7.0u (2.8u) correctly.
    If I could have a mail or something that I could send you the photos

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.