Need help with Skittles’ dosing

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SkittlesMarie, Aug 5, 2020.

1. SkittlesMarie

SkittlesMarie Member

Please review my 16 year old girl’s spreadsheet. She is currently on 2.75 units of Lantus twice per day. She is acting well. She is free fed Fancy Feast Pate (naturals and classic). She eats well. I have her on the slow method. I need to know if I should go to 3 units twice per day or continue with this regimen. Her vet wants her on current dosage for a couple more weeks. Thank you. Her name is Skittles.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Karen can you change the GA to a ?. GA stands for gone ahead for kitties who crossed over the bridge.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Please remove the GA. That means she has passed away.
    If following SLGS you need to do a curve testing every 2 hours for a cycle to determine dosing. Please read the yellow sticky at the top of this forum that explains in detail. Lantus is dosed based upon the nadir, how low a dose takes a cat and not on preshots. That typically occurs between +4-7, but can occur late in the cycle too. You need some tests between +4-6. For example on 7/10 she may have even gone lower than 145. Also cats often go lower at night and you don’t have any tests around nadir at night so you only have half of the picture.