New member: freestyle libre sensor is being attached today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Leigh&Shadow, Sep 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leigh&Shadow

Leigh&Shadow New Member

Any advice on helping my cat keep a freestyle libre on? We are trying it today (vet is putting it on) and I’ve read that they often come off. Also, any insights into how helpful they are would be welcomed!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Leigh I can tag a member for you
    @PerfumedCatMom
    Hi Katherine, did I remember correctly that you had used this
    Do you remember anyone else you can tag
    Thanks Katherine :cat:
    @PerfumedCatMom

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Just found this that a member posted

The biggest problem with the Libre is that it wasn't made for cats. You may have had excellent luck keeping it working for the 14 days but more often than not, either it stops working after 1-13 days or gets knocked off by the cat in 30mins to 10 days.

The Libre also measures interstitial glucose, not blood glucose and readings are up to 15 minutes delayed. If your cat is running too low, you need to know what their blood glucose is now, not what it was 15 minutes ago. Also, even the Libre suggests that i

7. kittyinbath

kittyinbath New Member

First post at this wonderful site. My heartfelt thanks to everyone involved. Milton had his first Libre installed on his back by a vet nurse, with additional clear hard glue, and came home in a stretchy recovery suit (crotchless leotard). It worked well but he found it too constricting, so we switched to a cotton T-shirt after one week. The libre stayed on perfectly for full 14 days. I then successfully installed his second one at home, using Skin Tac. Now he wears a modified Thundershirt Polo. I removed the inner flap and excess Velcro to make it more comfortable but still very secure. Thundershirt Polo video:

8. Leigh&Shadow

Leigh&Shadow New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.