? no testing strips, give or not give shot, advice welcome

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

I will run out of test strips at Shaak's +4 today, I won't have money to buy more strips till Saturday. Unfortunately I have been very stingy with the strips (afraid of running out, which is exactly what has happened) and only checking Shaak before shot and one or two ochecks during cycle, so there is not much to go on in her SS. So I am wondering what advice you all have, should I give Shaak shot tonight and tomorrow even though I don't have any strips to test before or after her shot until Saturday morning, I would be shooting blind and I have never done that before. Any advice welcome.

2. geenaroses

geenaroses Member

I found myself in the absolute same predicament as you this month until I got some money from someone. I decided in my case to shoot blind for a couple of days, given my scenario, but I did note it on my spreadsheet in case I needed to make reference for any reason. I looked at your spreadsheet and in my opinion I think you will be fine. It is a scary thing to not be testing when we do. :bighug:

Bobbie likes this.
  3. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

It is a very sad predicament to be in. As the first of the month falls on a weekend I got my check today instead of tomorrow. I wound up only having to miss one shot. However, looks like this will be an ongoing situation for me each month, there is just no way to stretch the almight dollar as far as it needs to go in order to make it through the month. I am so glad you were able to get some strips, I don't wish that stress on anyone. :bighug::bighug:

4. geenaroses

geenaroses Member

Please don't feel alone. I get my SSD check also in the beginning of the month and once I pay just the bare expenses to keep the roof over our heads... it doesn't leave much. I haven't had money to address my own medical issues in years as I am a single Mom, but that always came first. I also have many food allergies so merely getting food for myself from a food bank... not helpful. I've never qualified for help for anything, but I continue to sacrifice for the ones I love here in my home. I literally have to beg for help... It's shameful (and degrading) for all that I've done over the years, but I'll do what I can for these little furbabies that haven't a voice at all. I know what that's like. So commend you for doing the same... You are doing the best you can and that's all that can be asked of you! :bighug::bighug:

Bobbie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.