Off The Juice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paula Nowak, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Paula Nowak

Paula Nowak Member

I'm so happy and proud to announce that Elvis my sweet boy is no longer requiring insulin . He has been off the juice now for almost a year after being on the juice for about a year and a month. Any of the vets that I had except for the last that which Elvis was off the juice by then but the other ones didn't know how to treat him whatsoever. I had gotten information from here and I did a lot of reading, studying and research. I then made the decision that I had to treat him myself. as I have heard on here that veterinarians have a broad spectrum of knowledge but they don't have a specialty in diabetes unless you take your cat to a vet that does special and diabetes but I don't have one of those around me and I don't drive and I'm disabled. I purchased the vials of lantus insulin which is a five pack from Mark's Marine Pharmacy in Vancouver Canada. I got it for half the price that it is in the states. I started on my journey with the insulin of find dosing Elvis instead of what the vet said to give him whole units. 1 Vette hits said give him two units for 2 weeks and don't test him because then you'll always be wondering if he's high or low and you'll drive yourself crazy! Well oh, that sounded crazy enough and I just looked at her and said okay and nodded my head. Of course I didn't give him the two and units and when I tested his blood sugar that night he was 173 so that prove that that wrong. I used the lantus insulin pens as a vial and I bought u-100 syringes because lantus is a u-100 insulin. I then proceeded to find those him according to what he tested as and what he tested the night before. This worked for him and I was successful in getting him off of the juice. I also took him off of dry food completely and gave him no treats that had any carbs in them so he was on all wet food diet which was high in protein and low in carbs.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats! Enjoy the falls!:D:D:D

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Congratulations Paula and Elvis !

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

A great success story, Paula. So glad that Elvis is doing well. :otj:

5. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

This is such fantastic news :):otj:!! Love to see sustained remission!!

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy for you and Elvis !!!