Peeka 11/12 Bed Jump!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Started off the morning a little concerned about constipation, but after 45 minutes in or near the litter box, Peeka decided to go. She made her way towards our room, and I started getting ready in the closet, heard some odd noises, and came into the room to find Peeka had somehow made her way onto the bed all by herself! Her neuropathy is still very much apparent, but this was awesome to see her having got up here by herself!

Attached Files:

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

:D
    (((((Peeeeeekaaaaa)))))
    :bighug::cool::bighug:

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

That is so cool, Peter! :cool:

(((Peeka)))

Mogs

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pic! Go Peeka, go!

5. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Turning out to be a nice day for Peeka. Went out to run some errands and got a +7 at 152!

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go Peeka ! ! !

8. Leigh B

Leigh B Member

Peter, @Critter Mom shared Peeka's story with me.
    My Murphy had neuropathy towards the end of 2018. He got to the point he could take a few wobbly steps and need a rest. It was also tough for him to get in and out of the litter box and balance to potty.
    I did my research, and settled on Zobaline. I found it on Lifelink, and it is not inexpensive. It worked, though. It was gradual, but he's been jumping on counters for well over a year!
    He was on Prozinc insulin. I gave him 2 Zobaline tablets a day* for about a year (?). I gave it to him in a tiny bite of Fancy Feast chicken as his "treat" after I checked his bg. He never seemed to notice the taste. Now, from time to time, I would have to give him another bit of chicken if the pill fell out of his mouth, but he always ate it (and, sometimes seemed to catch on to "that extra bite of chicken" trick :)) *I gave him one in the morning and one at night
    Once I felt like his neuropathy was no longer an issue, I went to 1 pill per day, just in case. He never had another issue again.
    Sadly, I lost my Murphy just last night. I was going through my old photos and found some videos of him I did not remember making. Turns out, they were videos I had taken of him walking, so that I could show his condition to the vet.
    It was a great reminder for me of how far Murphy and I came over the years with his diabetes and the complications. That is what has lead me to your story.
    Just last Friday, Murphy jumped up on the sink to watch me brush my teeth. I delight in the memory as I remember how scary the neuropathy was.
    Again, It was gradual, so hang in there! I'll keep you and Peeka in my prayers that the strength returns.
    If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Quick note: the last time I purchased the Zobaline, Lifelink was out of stock. I was able to find it on Amazon.
    Oh, also, I discovered in my research that 2 tablets a day is just fine (I think the bottle might say 1 per day). Their systems flush whatever is not used/absorbed.

Go Peeka! You've got this!! Bed jumps are a GREAT milestone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.