Pen + syringe hands free technique

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AbbottTheCat, Jun 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbbottTheCat

AbbottTheCat Member

Just thought I'd share a technique I've been using that drastically helps to syringe out of a pen (solostar,etc) accurately. Instead of holding the pen in one hand and the syringe in the other I have rigged a system to attach the pen to my fridge or any other vertical surface thus allowing the use of both hands to handle the syringe and plunger.

upload_2022-6-23_18-46-25.jpeg upload_2022-6-23_19-22-10.jpeg

While you could attach the pen to any vertical surface, cabinet, wall etc, I've chosen to attach to a fridge magnet. This allows me to raise the pen up or down on the magnet and get it right at eye level of the user. The white background also helps to clearly see the unit markers, and keeps the magnet from scratching the fridge. I am using a bumper sticker for the white bg.

You will need:
    1. A square or rectangular magnet--I don't know where I got mine from, had them forever but amazon has these MAGNETS that would work although they are a bit bigger then needed. Or you may even have a magnet on the fridge now that would work.

2. Velcro Strips

3. White paper, bumper sticker, etc.

Hope this helps any new members like me getting started with doses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.