PMPS 207 - to shoot or not?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Valentina, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valentina

Valentina Member

Hi,

please advise on tonight. Lilli was at 207 +11, then I fed her and wanted to give the shot and she was at 243. I will wait 30 mins and then give her 1 unit.

is that fine? The BG measurements are considering an Alphatrak 2 Glucometer.

Thanks!

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry no one got back to you in time, Valentina.
    Your spreadsheet is rather sparse. It would be good if you could do a bit more testing during the cycles if you are able. We are fairly data driven and the first place one looks is the spreadsheet.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn’t get an answer. It’s better to post on the LLB forum. Add her name to the title as well. You don’t seem to be updating your ss either. You don’t want to feed two hours or less from shot time as it will be a good influenced bg.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  4. Valentina

Valentina Member

Hi thanks for your answers, I went ahead and gave her full shots. Luckily because her BG was raising..

I have updated my spreadsheet with some curves that I did these past few days. Do you mind telling me what you think? I don't understand, her numbers go up and down. Yesterday she had such a beautiful curve with nadir at 130 and consistently values below 200 throughout the day, today we are again with some black numbers!! Why? Bouncing? When will it stop?

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Valentina, the U column is blank for last night in your SS.

Yes, Lilli is bouncing from the blues she saw yesterday and that's why the higher numbers today. The bouncing will stop as she gets used to the lower numbers. Some cats are bouncier than others and some take longer to flatten out. That having been said, Lilli has been less than 2 months on insulin, so give her time. Her body has yet to get used to insulin (which is a hormone and not a drug) and lower numbers.

Also, pet meters read higher than human meters - at much higher numbers the difference could be as much as 100 or so.

How is her diarrhea? What are you feeding her now? Animonda or Purina Pro Plan DM? Your signature still says "Royal Canin Diabetic (wet and dry)". :)

Like @tiffmaxee suggested, please post in the Lantus forum - you will get quickers responses since it is a busier forum with several experienced Lantus users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.