Possible new member coming soon ..

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Theres a lady on FaceBook on the feline diabetes board who has her cat up to 12u .. She's feeling pretty overwhelmed right now .. Lots of information being thrown her way .. I've suggested her coming to the boards here and she said she did last night, but didn't post anything .. Hopefully when she does show up we can get her and her kitty on the right path .. :mrgreen:

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I sure hope she does come here. Although I'm happy there's a "presence" on Facebook for the FDMB, it's not as active...and one person can "dominate" the conversation all too easily. One of the great things about this board is that it IS peer reviewed....If someone gives bad or dangerous advice, others chime in and explain why it might not be a good idea, or explain why it's dangerous.

I've encouraged her to come here as well as at least 1 other person (other than you Peter), so I do hope she comes on tonight and lets us try to help. I know she's at work now.

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Yes, hopefully she makes her way here and feels comfortable enough to post ..

4. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your kind hearts.
    I hope that lady makes it here.

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i've been happy to see so many experienced FDMB members *coughDevinChrisAnncough* speaking up and encouraging people who post initially on the Facebook Feline Diabetes group to come here. i just don't think there are enough safety features to have a lot of advice, especially dosing advice, given to people on facebook. some of the advice is being given based upon one or two BG numbers. you don't have a profile with the cat's entire story, you don't have a spreadsheet to refer to or the protocol available. just seems a bad idea to me, especially with someone completely new to FD, which many of the FB posters seem to be.

it might be easier to use facebook because people are familiar with how it works and you might be on it anyway, but for the safety of the cat, i keep sending people here as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.