posted in wrong place

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Well not really a curve but doing a lot of testing today and I wasn't paying attention and ran out of test strips here in the middle of a day when I increased his dose.

I have new test strips but the last time I tried to compare a new strip to an old one the results were very different.

I know there is about a 20% variation in general but How much variation can there be in strips from one lot to another?

Not sure exactly what I'm asking... just feel like I messed up and want to make sure I get as accurate a reading as possible compared to the two just before it to see how he's reacting after increasing his dose, if the food is helping him stay level...etc.

(meant to post this in the main area to get more views , dont' know how to delete this.)

2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Really not much you can do but make sure you do a control test on the new strips and as long as they are the same brand... you should be pretty accurate.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  3. Jasper Blue and Jay

Control test with the solution? I don't have that. But yeah same brand... I checked to see if they were the same lot since we bought them so close together but they're not :(

4. Lisa and little

Control solution should have come with the meter...

5. Jasper Blue and Jay

Really? These Relions don't and I have never had a meter come with solution and the ones I used to get for myself back when I was financially able to take care of my own health lol... never came with it and I used lots of different brands back then. (I actually still have a ton of lancets from back then but even they have expiration dates on them! I'd use them on myself but not my buddy :) )

6. Lisa and little

Lol. I get it. Well then all you can do is what you can. I would be too concerned unless you get a number that seems way off with today’s pattern.

7. Jasper Blue and Jay

It seems ok, every test makes sense for what I'd expect for the time and taking food into account. :)

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Relion doesnt come with testing solutions