Pricking Cats Ear Cleaning

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jonika & Boobie, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonika & Boobie

Jonika & Boobie New Member

Hi my first post.
    I’m new to this, my cat got diagnosed with diabetes last month and it has been a beyond confusing process.
    I prick her ear to draw blood for her glucose test twice a day. Occasionally she’ll have some dried blood on the tips of her ears. Any suggestions on how to safely clean this area? I don’t know what topical solutions are safe for cats and I can’t find to seem a good google answer.

Thanks in advance!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome, I just usually get a cotton round, the ones you wipe makeup off with, wet it with warm water and just keep rubbing it
    Here is a link helping us to help you link. If you noticed, our members have some basic information about their cat's in their signature. This helps us to not pester you by asking the same questions (your cat's name, insulin type, date of diagnosis, etc.) repeatedly. We also have a link to our spreadsheet in our signature. We are very numbers driven. The spreadsheet is a record of your cat's progress. By linking it in your signature, we can follow along and provide feedback should you need the help.

Your kitty is adorable :cat:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  3. Scdal

Scdal Member

Just dampen a paper towel with some hydrogen peroxide and wipe.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Scdal - I second Larry's comment about hydrogen peroxide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.