Products we love

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I have been accused of having too much time on my hands, it's true, but I had an idea last night. I was watching TV at 2 a.m., sitting up with a kitty whose BG needed to be checked, and an ad for Angie's List came on. Have you guys heard of that? It's an online service (that you have to pay to use) that basically gives recommendations for service providers. So you can look up the roofing guy and see what people say about him, what experiences they've had, etc. (stay with me, this gets relevant, I promise!) That got me to thinking that although something like that wouldn't work here, because we all live in different areas of the country/different countries, we COULD do something similar with products.

Of course the most obvious one would be kitty products, as it's something we all have in common, but we could branch out into other areas too. How many times have you seen an ad for a new sink cleaner and wondered if it REALLY does that great of a job? Or been in the market for a new vacuum but didn't even know where to begin? Of course you can read online reviews for many products, and they are great. This has the added benefit of being reviewed by people you know and you can ask questions which pertain to your situation, not just read what others have to say.

I know PZI is getting busier and busier every day, so this might not be the best place to do this. I wish we had a PZI Health forum and a PZI Social forum or something, you know? That way important diabetic questions/dosing/numbers questions don't get lost, and you don't have to wade through social stuff to get to the meaty posts. Or if you have a few extra minutes, you could go on over to the social forum and check it out. I guess that's what Community is, but it is SO large and so active that I feel like stuff gets really lost over there.

What do you guys think?

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand. Like maybe a subforum on Community for product reviews, where the subject line of a post would be a cat-related product, and then people could post their thoughts/reviews? I have seen some things bandied about before, like a Food forum, and a compiled list somewhere of common meds and whether or not they are acceptable for sugarkitties. I think they are all good ideas, but they tend to get shelved I think from the logistics perspective - too many forums already, who is going to maintain the stuff, etc. (Not to be overly discouraging :D ).

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.