REPAIRING THE DAMAGE

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CORKY, May 22, 2024.

1. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

We are at a good start this morning after yesterday's disaster with the Fur Shot
    We should see many greens this morning, hopefully Corky will be a good boy and doesn't disappoint us, or go under 50, it's probably unlikely since he has his snack in a bit then his meal @ 1:00 PM.
    I am really looking forward for today's numbers :bighug::bighug:;);):D:joyful::cool::cat::cat:

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Repairing the Damage ? Seriously? You and @Red & Rover (GA) have a flare for the dramatic, don’t you? ;) Looks like a very good cycle today. Didn’t I say that he would be back on track quickly? Nice!

CORKY likes this.
  3. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

LOL!! well I couldn’t think of anything else as a title Abd yes it’s a good cycle and morning start indeed!! Thanks for the dramatic LOL!!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm dramatic?

CORKY likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

I thought you suggested that thread title? Just teasing you and Maria, anyway!

CORKY likes this.
  6. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! sorry can’t help it LOL

7. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

actually, I just came up with it, I couldn't think of anything else to go with the last thread:D:D:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

8. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

sorry you took the blame; it was all me!! :D:D:D:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

9. Red & Rover (GA)

10. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Good morning, Red; we are on great start this morning, @ :)9:30) , I retested Corky after his snack and he went up to 99, it feels good not to be afraid of these numbers without MDC or HC to boost, and I have a Drs appt at 1:00 PM and I know I am not going to be afraid to go even if he still has these numbers because you and Suzanne have taught me, is the best where he should be and there's no danger. It's a great feeling because before, I would have been calling to cancel when I would see the fist 2 digit BG. You both have taught me so much and giving me so much confidence, and Corky's welfare is the most important thing to me, and it lets me know that I cand do this ! :bighug::bighug::D:D:D:joyful::joyful::cat::cat:

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Hooray for Corky!

CORKY likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

You’ve got time to check him again before your appointment.

13. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Good morning! see SS, I am happy, I have a Drs appt at 1:00PM and I am not afraid, can you believe that ?? I would have canceled as usual on the first green I would see, so, YES I am happy, mostly for Corky, just hope he doesn't drop too much more, he still has his 12:00PM snack ( I have to leave the house by 12:30) he'll pull up safe enough to know I can concentrate with my Therapist:D and when he hits green I actually check him ever 1/2 until I am sure he's not going to spiral down, I AM VERY CALM:cool:;):bighug::bighug::cat::cat:
    :bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

14. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope your therapy appointment went well. Corky did just fine.

15. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

thank you for asking thanks to her I am still sane!:D however this evening He's back on high yellows, maybe by 10PM he'll slow down, thank you ! have yourself a great long weekend:bighug::bighug::bighug:;):cat::cat:

16. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh. I thought it was one of your physical therapy appointments. He should reach at least blue tonight.

CORKY likes this.
  17. Suzanne & Darcy

And be sure to sock some away for vet bills! Lol!

18. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

You got that right!!:joyful::):bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

19. Red & Rover (GA)

And emergency ice cream.

CORKY likes this.
  20. Red & Rover (GA)

Your spreadsheet notes still say a +7 feeding. Is this accurate?

21. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Yes, they're 1:00 PM snack as always Corky feeds tow regular meals AMPS/PMPS and 2 snacks one at 12:30-1:00 PM( tbsps. ) and the other @ 10:00PM-10:30PM, it's always been this way, every 6 hours AMPS +4, +7 +4, +7 PMPS, and small pcs of 2% ham around 10:AM:bighug::cat::cat:

22. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Hi Red I hope you understood my explanation on the food, did it sound confusing? I just PMPS at 125 if you can check around 8-10:15PM looking back I have ever shot on 125, a bit worried, I will be checking hourly, too close for my comfort, and thanks for checking this morning:bighug::bighug::bighug:;) . :bookworm: protocol as much as I know it by heart, it secures my doubts, even though I ask you guys, triple sure is always good!:cat::cat:

23. Red & Rover (GA)

Corky tends to rise a bit too high after a green. That may not always be the case. When his body gets used to greens, he won't rise as much.

My mistake. I thought @Suzanne & Darcy suggested +6.

CORKY likes this.
  24. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

He’s had a lot of greens h should’ve gotten used them by now? He just doesn’t :(seem to be consistan:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

25. JulieL

JulieL Member

I think you are right @Red & Rover (GA). Suzanne has repeatedly mentioned no food after +6. In the previous “finding greens” thread she asked a couple times why +7 snacks were showing up in the food notes, and I don’t think her question was ever answered. So, I too have been confused because the food notes still show snacks/feeding at +7. Maybe I’m missing something?

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  26. Red & Rover (GA)

Just like you needed to get used to green (yay!), Corky's body needs to get used to green.
    Patience, grasshopper. It will happen.

CORKY likes this.
  27. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Good morning, Red! I like that "grasshopper" thingy, I use to watch that show, loved it Kung Fu, and I have actually gotten used to the greens, I really want them, expect them and look forward to those greens, but somehow Corky just doesn't stay there long enough, I want a whole day of greens, if that's ever possible:bighug::bighug:;):cat::cat:

28. Red & Rover (GA)

Answering a PM:
    Maria, the answer is in the spreadsheet.
    Look for a green then follow the green to the next green.
    Find the common pattern.
    Often there is a green followed by up to two days of yellows and blues.
    Occasionally he has back-to-back cycles that go green. That is good and there will be more of them as the Corksicle gets used to being green.

29. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

thanks, glad to know is not where I dose!! thanks sweety. You have a great and relaxed weekend, this word Corksicle is very appropriate for my "Corky" Everything should be ok from here then! ;) I'm here where I need to be, with my babies on the sofa and Netflix :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

30. Suzanne & Darcy

I did. I an constantly harping on the “no more food after +6” but I think, hone, I finally gave up saying no more meals after +6 because nobody is listening

31. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

this message for me? I have never fed Corky at +6 (12:00 AM) never, we are very much asleep at this time; his last meal is at +4 (10:00PM) I never meant to ignore this conversation, can you explain please?:bighug::bighug::confused::confused::confused::cat::cat:

32. Suzanne & Darcy

If I had time (which I do not). I would go back and find the many messages where I said to feed at +2, +4 and +6 and do not feed after nadir (+6) because it can shorten the duration. But don’t worry about it. I was just trying to check in because I hadn’t heard anything from you lately. I also (like Red just did) saw in the notes the +7 and kept asking about it. But I love you and love Corky regardless of when you feed him. Gotta run.

33. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Hi, everything here is great. I just checked the remarks, again, it shows on my end that his last meal (snack) is @ +4 which would be 10:00PM the +7 you see is for the 12:00 PM after AMPS lunch snack/meal, there is something that is not showing on your side I had explained this to Red as well because she was also concerned about the same thing, and you know that I follow your instructions to the letter when necessary, I know you love us as I you guys, if I am still not understanding ( which is quite possible please do let me know :bighug::bighug::cat::cat: still confused, you know me already, it doesn't take much to :confused::confused::confused:

34. JulieL

JulieL Member

Hi Maria- I’ve noticed those +7 snacks in your notes as well. I know this can get confusing. Suzanne suggests feeding at AMPS, then snacks at +2,+4, and +6 with no snacks/food until PMPS, and then +2, +4, +6 snacks. Since we are shooting every 12 hours we have an AM cycle and a PM cycle. We want the insulin to have a good duration, and this schedule seems to work with ProZinc kitties.

So, if your shot times are 6am and 6pm, this is what your feeding/snack schedule should look like:

6 am-test, feed, shoot
    8 am (+2) snack
    10 am (+4) snack
    12 pm noon (+6) snack

6 pm-test, feed, shoot
    8 pm (+2) snack
    10 pm (+4) snack
    12 am midnight (+6) snack

So when Suzanne says no food after +6, that means (for your schedule), no snacks/food past noon (until his next meal at 6pm) and no snacks/food past midnight (until his next meal at 6 am).
    Now, I realize you don’t usually give later snacks in the PM cycle, so we’d have to check with Suzanne on that. I’m just trying to simplify what exactly we are talking about when we say snacks at +2,+4,+6, and “no food past +6”.

I don’t know if this helps clarify things for you at all. It’s just been confusing looking at the notes on your SS that keep showing a +7 snack (+7 would be 1 pm if your shoot time is 6 am) and Suzanne is saying no snacks after noon (+6) in the AM cycle and midnight (+6) in the PM cycle.

Does this help explain it at all? Clear as mud, right? Haha!

35. Red & Rover (GA)

I see PMPS +7 on May 10th, 12th, 14th.

36. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

this is what my SS shows no +7 PMPS
    Tests times
    +2-167 114
    +3-168 183
    +4 166 111 87 111
    +5 I test if it's low, like to digits or close to sleep in peace
    it ends right there , Corky Coco and myself are asleep by 11:30-12:00
    I was just going to post that it may be strange or unfounded, but PMPS I don't know but this time again I shot Corky on the left side instead of the right as usual, I made it a point to touch the fur, it was dry, the dose went in, yet it did nothing, I know, I am certain, I will no longer shoot on the left side again, is this possible that on the left side the dose does not work? it sounds so crazy, I am having a rough time even understanding the concept, and right now is when Corky will have his last snack/meal which consists on 2tbsp of 1-0% Carbs, till AMPS:bighug::bighug::(:confused::confused::confused::confused::cat::cat:
    166 122 116

37. JulieL

JulieL Member

Maria, did you see this?

38. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Yes teacher got it it’s even better because there will be Lee food to give him he seems a bit heavier although on May 8th I eight him and he was he same weight as the prior month, I like that schedule, it will be great I’ll feed less because the times are closer together thanks have a great evening you two:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:;):D

39. Red & Rover (GA)

Corky is reacting to today's green. Look at his spreadsheet. He hits green and then he rises to high blue or yellow. He'll come down again. I doubt shooting left side is the problem.

40. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

I thought so I like to hat answer better than mine he hates greens darn it

41. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay. Since I know you shoot at 6 a.m. Eastern and if you say his last food is given at noon, that is actually +6 and not +7 so I am perfectly fine with him eating as 8 a.m. 10 a.m. and 12 noon.

JulieL and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  42. Suzanne & Darcy

Don’t worry. He may surprise you at tomorrow’s AMPS. When you look at his spreadsheet, Corky sometimes, but not always, will go yellow after green. Oftentimes he stays blue.

CORKY and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  43. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Good morning, I started the new feeding Schedule this morning Red wrote exactly when to feed. is now every two hours, if I were to have the need to go anywhere, as with the other schedule, I would take the second open window That I was comfortable knowing he wouldn't be in trouble, is it ok to not feed example +5 to +8 between between that window of time??, these hours is when I make and have Drs. appointments, like today I have an Appointment at 12:30PM :bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

44. Suzanne & Darcy

Didn’t you see this, Maria? (Above)

CORKY likes this.
  45. Suzanne & Darcy

46. Suzanne & Darcy

Hi Maria. How’s Corky? You forgot to put the number of units shot for the last couple of days (it’s blank). I hope you are having a good weekend.

CORKY likes this.
  47. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Hi good to hear from you, thanks, I filled in the units, I can always count on you to keep me on my toes. Hectic weekend , pay day and pay outs, and broke, ha ha, just got back from Walmart buying groceries and kids food and litter, got a few different low carb flavors, I ordered from SHEIN, a whole bunch of toys for them can't wait to get them, they are bored, Corky likes strings, Coco is the playful one but she gets bored with her toys so I bring one out at a time, she also fetches, is so cute. well, seeing Corky's SS, I think he's doing good, but Suzanne he hates greens, it disengages everything, when he gets greens. but he's good really good, This year has gone by so so quicky, pretty soon we'll have to take out our Christmas decorations. Hope you have a relaxed blessed weekend, it's always good to hear from you
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

48. Suzanne & Darcy

Corky just isn’t getting enough insulin to be consistently in greens. It’s not his body, just the dose. But you know what would happen if he started going into greens all the time. I think it might be too stressful. He’s doing pretty darn good and does sometimes get the greens. We will have to keep an eye out to make sure his numbers aren’t creeping up, but for now he’s just waiting to surprise you (whenever he feels like it.)

I have a kitten here who obsessively plays fetch. She brings back the plastic spring toy to is over and over. She even puts it into our laps. Crazy

CORKY likes this.
  49. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

I never knew cat fetched, but yes, Coco is the same and when I lay down to bed, she picks up the crumbled plastic, and starts to hooo! like an owl , and pushes it to my side of the bed, when I wake up in the morning all her toys are on the rug next to the bed, is hilarious! and to too it off Corky is on the sofa also singing his heart out , is like an orchestra before bed time. I always thought that when the dose became less, it was a way to remission, I see that's not the case. he went from 0.75u to 1.0u and you are talking about a higher dose, if this is what you think is best, I will be on board with you, I do not have much to do anymore, but a few Drs Appt that I can be diligent on his BG, aside from the fact that I schedule during a comfortable time to recheck, within two hours, and if the case may be that he's spiraling down, I just stay home, and my Hypo kit is always ready. I have learned how to be comfortable and see patterns not to panic any longer. You know best:bighug::bighug:;):cat::cat::joyful: from this post on I will have a new Thread CALLED " HOPPING FOR GREENS"

50. Suzanne & Darcy

Well, if a cat earns reductions by the BG dropping below the reduction point then they may be heading for remission. We can tell if they are ready by the numbers being in green pretty much all the time except for a very occasional blue below 120. The dose goes down and down, but some cats just stay in green on a low dose like .25 units and still won’t make it to remission (just needing that small amount of insulin support.) Some cats move quickly and some take a long time. And we love them just the same.

CORKY likes this.
  51. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

I trust every suggestion you give me , as long as I have your support and that of Red, when that decision is made, if I were to need you, and I get panicky, as you know me already. so it's your call!!:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

52. Suzanne & Darcy

We can keep Corky where he is right now.

CORKY likes this.
  53. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Thanks for caring Corky appreciates it and so do I, LOTS!!;)
    :bighug::bighug::cat::cat: