Semglee - Lantus biosimilar, FDA approval

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by phil94028, Jul 30, 2021.

1. phil94028

phil94028 New Member

Semglee just got FDA approval as a direct replacement for prescriptions written for Lantus in humans.

I wonder if anyone has tried it yet and noticed any difference in cats to Lantus or Basaglar? Obviously there would have been no feline testing done.

The good news is that the Costco member price for 15 ml (5x3 pens) is about $122 so way cheaper than Lantus in the USA ($320-$450) or Marks Marine at $180 or so and no fooling with coupons or cross border shipping.

It sounds like they currently have to get it from the warehouse so takes a day or two. I am assuming that will change quickly.

For a "normal" diabetic cat it may not be a huge saving but my Acromegaly cat gets though 75U a day, so substantial savings!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Thanks for this info, Phil. I don't think very many people on this forum have used Semglee.
    I thought I saw a couple of new members who have just joined on the Main/Health forum using it.

3. Candilee

Candilee New Member

Help plz!!!!!!!!!! Her blood sugar was 485 at 11 am 1st told she was diabetic today
    at 5:45pm 245
    after eating 7pm waited til 8 pm retested she is 271
    Im sure not giving her 2 units as Vet told me, to much right?
    I need help with dosing please! or can I wait til morning and see where she is?
    finding being newbie learning site is confusing yet,sorry if Im posting wrong

4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Candilee, Your cat is safe at 271. Please start a new thread on the Main forum as that is the best place for newbies to be: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-basaglar-glargine-and-levemir-detemir.9/.