Shopping supplies list? + Agatha update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AggyBear, Apr 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

Is there a comprehensive list with links to diabetic kitty supplies? I'm in need of insulin needles. I've been using UltiCare Vet Rx U-40 3/10cc 29g 12.7mm I got from my vet but am low now on needles + will need insulin sooner than later.

I have read for about the last 5 hours on the site, stickies, info, old posts. I haven't come across a list like this. TIA -Sam + Aggy

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Samantha...how are you and how is dear Agatha ? I have been wondering how she is.

I can’t help you with Prozinc supplies but I’ll tag a couple of people who use Prozinc and who may be able to help
    @Deb & Wink
    @JanetNJ

Deb & Wink and AggyBear like this.
  3. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

Thank you Bron! I have been wanting to tell you about Agatha. She's eating good on her own (last dose of gabapentin was Friday morning). She seems to be in a good mood but follows me around more than usual bc she wants food I believe. The Wynsong Epigen kibble is always out but she doesn't eat it (my civilian Freya crunches on it tho). There's usually a bit of wet food in her bowl but I have to remind her it's there sometimes as it's on the counter where we test + shoot. She wakes me in the morning to remind me it's time to eat too. Her BG numbers are high + I thought they would've come down more than this by now. I don't know if I need to do another curve test or what.

I can't get over the infection she had (fever + elevated white blood cell count). Why did it happen? Was it something I did, like infecting her with a syringe? I don't see how it corresponds to the pancreatitis.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I. So glad she is better!
    I would do another curve. It looks like she needs more insulin. I’ll tag @Deb & Wink and @JanetNJ as I don’t use Prozinc.
    Don’t forget to test on the Pm cycle as well. That’s important

5. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

I've been trying to sleep but still up due to insomnia. Thank you for the reminder. +4/3:27am BG 392 I also update our profile bio so hopefully that's helpful.

From tonight, she looks upset but I promise that's just her face!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kvD7UaRUKwYB7DAq6

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

She looks like she is saying...Are you bothering me again !:joyful:

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Adwdiabetes.com has good prices on syringes. You can often find discount codes for them as well.
    I have also ordered these. They arrived quickly as well. https://www.countrysidepet.com/prod...00-syringes-total?_pos=3&_sid=62d391b73&_ss=r

8. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

Thank you Janet, I just ordered them from the link you provided + got more lancets on Amazon. Now I just need more insulin. I have very low income... These are getting so expensive. I appreciate finding the best deals possible!

JanetNJ and Deb & Wink like this.
  9. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Reach out to Diabetic Cats In Need, they can help with insulin and syringes if you're low income. :)

10. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH ELIZABETH! I think I came across a list of assistance programs last night when I was reading, but that was for a member in the UK. I filled out their application and also emailed some of the information they needed. Can't wait to hear from them, thank you again!

Panic and Deb & Wink like this.
  11. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

+4/2:35pm BG 114 + 130, +5/3:47pm BG 110

It looks like the dose is taking her lower than before.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  12. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I wonder what caused that big drop? The dose hasn't been reduced. Did you change what you were feeding her?

13. AggyBear

AggyBear Member

No, nothing has changed. I'm going to try to keep testing.
    +4/2:35pm BG 114 + 130, +5/3:47pm BG 110, +7/5:29pm BG 214

Deb & Wink likes this.
  14. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Glad Janet could help you with ideas for the U40 syringes. Haven't had a diabetic cat myself in a long time, so haven't kept up with where to get supplies.

AggyBear likes this.
  15. JanetNJ

Nice numbers

AggyBear likes this.
  16. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

Hi Sam. Pleased to see Aggy is making progress. Sorry you are so far away as I have spare prozinc having changed to lantus. Hope you get some supplies.

AggyBear likes this.
  17. JanetNJ

Aggy I have a new vial of ProZinc I'm not using. Pm me if you want to arrange something.

AggyBear and Pabs&Ro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.