Snack/treat question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by NicoleC46237, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

All of this testing and treating after each one is pretty pricey when you're being super careful to make sure the treats are high value plus palatable.

So my question is this - can I make Lou scrambled eggs (no seasoning) and give him bites of that for his snacks? I have PLENTY of fresh eggs around here and they are full of protein and no carbs.

My husband also asked about canned tuna and canned chicken from the grocery store since they are people grade. Are those ok snacks?

Thanks everyone for all of your help so far and hopefully one day I can be of help to someone else too :)

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Scrambled egg is a fine treat....and yes, human tuna is fine too...just make sure it doesn't have any garlic or onion …."in water".

I totally understand the money problem! I was thrilled China loved chicken because I could buy it on sale with food stamps, cook one piece for her, one piece for me and cut hers into small pieces and freeze the rest.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

Awesome! I don't usually allow people food for the inside animals but Lou is a special exception ;) He can't stand the freeze dried treats and the ones I've got for him now are great except super expensive once you figure how many he goes through a day while we're figuring out dosages.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

yup... my cat like scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs too. I also do broiled chicken thighs and the occasional brine free organic turkey deli meat for frequent testing day / BG curves.

Deb & Wink and NicoleC46237 like this.
  5. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

My Billy loves eggs too. It's a great treat. I also boiled him some chicken liver (super cheap.) He loved that for about a week, then decided it was poison, lol. Luckily, my dog loves it, so I thaw a small packet out for him now and again.

6. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

I'll have to try scrambled eggs...Buzzy has never liked ANY people food. I give him about 1/3tsp of his regular LC food as his "treat" when we're stalling or a little more than that if we're doing a curve/it's just mid-day testing

Deb & Wink and NicoleC46237 like this.
  7. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

You can make one in the microwave in a bowl with a splash of water - less than a minute usually. Can't hurt to try :) Hopefully it works for you!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  8. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

I keep beechnut stage 1 turkey or chicken baby food on hand to for emergencies or when I need to pull out the big guns or just get some food in him. Nothing worse than needing to get food in your cat at like 8pm on a Sunday so you can give them their insulin and they are refusing to eat.

9. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

LOL. I thought I was the only one who kept baby food on hand for their cat.

NicoleC46237 and Deb & Wink like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.