Soccer update- what do you think? 1/30

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by MicheleS, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

So I did multiple spot checks today, all of which (except PS) were less than 200. AMPS and PMPS were both just over 200. I'm thinking of jst hanging out at 0.6 units 'till next Saturday (barring any outrageous #'s). I think there's some room to go up in insulin dose but I'm not comfortable doing that till a weekend. Thoughts?

Soccer's BG chart is below. He eats 5X a day. (AMPS, 10am, 3pm, PMPS, and *my* bedtime-- plus there is Wellness Core out but I haven't seen him eat it-- these times are approximate!) Insulin is BID (5-6am and 5-6pm)... Again, thoughts??

I can spot check some during the week but nothing like today. I still want to nail down that NADIR. :?
    Michele

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Looks like you have a good plan and that Soccer is responding well to the PZI.

3. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Hi Michele! I just went back and read all your posts. Sounds like you have a good handle on stuff now and are getting great advice. I agree that sticking with the 0.6 is a good idea until the weekend and getting some more spot checks when you can. Seeing some nice (blue) numbers on your spreadsheet. :)

When you get a chance can you set up a profile. Here are instructions on how to do it...viewtopic.php?f=6&t=531

Interesting that you are a retired vet. Dr. Lisa is as well. She has been giving us the benefit of her expertise since March 2005, mainly on nutrition and other interesting health issues.

Welcome!

4. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

Not retired (in my 30's)... After 3 yrs of practice, I went back to school and got a PhD in Molecular Path. I'm in academia now.

Thanks for the welcome!
    Michele

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan!!! Is the Wellness Core LC canned as well, or you mean it's dry that you leave out? If it's dry, I'd snatch it up, though I'm not familiar with Core and maybe I'm behind the times on that being low enough carb...? (not to sound critical if it is dry - my cat was on dry for months even once diagnosed, just checking, since it could wreak havoc on Soccer's BGs if he decides to dip into it...)

6. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

It is dry but according to the food charts, it is lower carb than most canned... similar to EVO. My cats hate it (all 5 of them). The logistics of all of this feeding is a mess, so for now, I'm going to have to leave *something* out. I tried to leave out canned one day and there was cat puke EVERYWHERE when I got home. They all wolfed it down so fast that they regurgitated....ick. Soccer is doing fine with canned, now that the novelty has worn off!

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan Michele. That a pretty smooth curve for PZI, and shows room for a dosage increase, but its a good idea to let the dose settle a little more before raising.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm, well hopefully it won't cause you problems. From what I've heard, dry (even at low carb levels) can spike up their #s quite a bit, even just a few bites, but I guess if you're not seeing it in his #s... no harm, no foul, right? Maybe just something to keep an eye on, and if you run into trouble with it, you may be able to get some good ideas on Health for alternatives.

9. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

[quote="Joanna & Bix]
    Hmmm, well hopefully it won't cause you problems. From what I've heard, dry (even at low carb levels) can spike up their #s quite a bit, even just a few bites, but I guess if you're not seeing it in his #s... no harm, no foul, right? Maybe just something to keep an eye on, and if you run into trouble with it, you may be able to get some good ideas on Health for alternatives.[/quote]

I'll try to phase it out as soon as I can figure out how to manage feeding every one canned. I can't keep up with the way things are right now: 3 kids, FT job, 5 cats, 2 dogs... :YMSIGH:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.