Spike 7/25, PMPS 369, 1.0u Given. +5.0@ 257.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lee Renfro, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...0u-given-pmps-262-75u-given-6-331-351.264870/

I overslept and today Spikes AMPS was 244 at+13hrs. I gave the .50u dose. His PM+6 was like 344 last nite and I'm assuming his PM dose didn't even take effect until way later. You can see on his SS how it kinda went between last nite and this morning. I just think it's weird how it was so high when I figured he would be at the nadir. @FrostD just touching base with you and @Suzanne & Darcy. New thread and hoping y'all have a great day...105° and higher here today.

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

He's definitely bouncing a little bit and then clearing them much more quickly and later. Definitely keep up with what you're doing because it's working.

I suspect he may need an increase (maybe not across the whole sliding scale) but I'm hesitant. We can think about it perhaps this weekend when you're around.

Lee Renfro likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Steady as he goes!

What're your current thoughts on his numbers?

Lee Renfro likes this.
  4. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

You might jinxed him...lol

I was loving his numbers all week. Easy to shoot with small, short bounces that cleared in hours and then back into a comfortable (for me) low/mid yellows. Then BAM! This AM he is 385 and 395 (2 strips-same blood droplet) and that's too close to the black! I question if he somehow got into contraband, but i can't be sure either way. So i fed and shot 1.0u FAT ( approx 1 droplet over 1.0u) B4 leaving for work. He woke me up b4 the alarm gently poking my face and moaning that he was starving, so I knew something was up.

I'm off all weekend finally, so it will be the perfect time to make any modifications that you may recommend. He's good on the 5 P's & just the laid-back chill old gentleman he's always been. Elevated peeing but nothing like b4 his diagnosis. His 1st 2 weeks on Benazapril he was pooping "soft-serve" as vet expected, but afterwards went back to normal.

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I've been thinking he could use some fattening of the doses in the 200 range, not a full increase. But then I look at days like the 6th, possible bounce on the 7th, possible bounce last night, and I'm hesitant. I suppose your data this weekend will give us a better clue!

Lee Renfro likes this.
  6. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

Well, he just now scored a 428 and a 442 for his PMPS numbers....I'm getting scared.

As for those missing numbers on the 7th., I just filled them in after scrolling back on my meter. Think I was having cell issues that nite.

The bottle of ProZinc is 133 days old tonite. Just saying.

I've just Given him a fat 1.1u shot and will poke him a couple times tonite to see if it brings him down or????

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    FrostD likes this.
  7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think that worked out perfectly last night. I think AMPS was nadir or close to it.

Lee Renfro likes this.
  8. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

I don't know what he's doing, but I got in from my Saturday shopping and he was 470 then 391 from the same blood droplet. I shot a very fat 1.0 (basically a 1.125u) dose just now. He was fasting since 12:30Pm and there was zero contraband available to him.

What are ur thoughts on him getting so high these past few days??? Should I be worried....more worried than usual...lolol

Hope you are having a great weekend. Same old same for me here.

FrostD likes this.
  9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I was having a great weekend til I found jury summons in the mailbox this evening!

He's bouncing but it's curious because I don't think he went that low. Can you get maybe a +7 or +8 tonight?

Lee Renfro likes this.
  10. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

I'll try. Sorry about ur luck. Maybe u can get out of it. I try to b pretty "unpickable", due to my outspoken nature...lolol

Yes, curious indeed. Bouncing when I honestly don't think he's seen a green or even low blue...but it's Spike, so...

FrostD likes this.
  11. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

I might spoke too soon. I slept thru +7+8 and he is at 106 and 121 this AM. Looks like we'll be skipping a AM shot, but I'll be home all day.

FrostD likes this.
  12. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ok then he answered that question! Stick to what you've been doing, no increase.

Lee Renfro likes this.
  13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It's still likely a late nadir from a bounce, but without knowing for sure what nadir was, better safe than sorry

I'm probably screwed. They'll probably want the assumingly sympathetic pregnant stay at home mom :joyful: little do they know ....

Lee Renfro likes this.
  14. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

Spike was at 154 after staying outside and fasting for like 9 hrs last nite. I wanted him to have some dose, so I stalled and did feed him 1 tbsp of 3 carb wet. I figure some of that 235 is a food bump but knew he would climb throughout the day. I hope I made the right call because i won't be back home until this evening. He's got plenty of wet food out as well as a few strategically placed treats.

How's jury duty coming along @FrostD ????

15. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hmm that's a little lower than I'd like, but yes shooting something was good call I think, probable bounce incoming. Is there any way to give him food while he's outside?

Jury duty not til 8/8...but our fridge died and I broke my pinky finger yesterday so I just need a redo lol

Lee Renfro likes this.
  16. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

No outside food possible due to the coons, skunks, opossums etc. After being cooped up indoors all day, he begs to go out and will pester me relentlessly until I allow it, as he never leaves the porch area or fenced-in yard area in his senior years. He is well last the prowling age. I was putting him in b4 bedtime ( he knows what it means when I exit the shower and turn off all but the back porch lights) but lately he's been desperate to go out and wouldn't let me sleep...lol

Now I'm lil worried if his numbers are lower than you like...lol. I figured if I didn't give him an AM dose, he'd be nearly in the black this afternoon. Your crystal ball is awesum and I trust it

Daaaang, sorry about ur pinky. Maybe u can tell the jury pickers that u have to go to PT and rehab and can't serve....lolol

17. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Stubborn cat!

My thought then is if youre going to let him out, perhaps make it a skinny dose. Maybe shave off 0.25U, not quite sure which is better. The lack of food is my best guess as to the lows, but we'll also keep an eye out for a potential actual reduction.

Lee Renfro and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  18. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Actually, whenever I have been called for Jury Duty, they let a LOT of people off the hook who have kids at home that they have to care for. It's usually one of the questions that they ask... if you have kids that need your care. I'm imagining you coming in there with your children :eek: (Judge's face.) My daughter is just reminding me that one woman in court did bring two kids with her... that got her out of there pretty quickly! :) Sorry about your pinky. I'm imagining how painful or difficult if would be to type on a keyboard with a broken pinky finger.

FrostD and Lee Renfro like this.
  19. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

I'll just have to put my foot down and make him stay in after my bedtime to ensure he has access to his food. I'd rather do that and give him the called for dose instead. I imagine that is the better scenario. You should see the look he's giving me as I tell him that from 5pm till 11pm and 5am till 7am is his outside time. He and the others know my routine better than I do.

It was 104° here today and is still 101° and I won't let him (or anything I love) sit out in that furnace.

He just tested 271@+10, so I guess all is basically normal for him...lol. hope u got a good new fridge.

FrostD likes this.
  20. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I just need the bring the little one...he'd be climbing the judge's bench within 10 seconds, jumping onto the witness stand, then probably fall to the floor, get up with a concussion but keep walking like nothing happened :rolleyes: he's exhausting.

He scaled our stairs in as much time as it took me to pull a shirt from a dresser. Just smiling at me from 3 steps down. I went slowly, and quietly told him to stay (you know! If you panic, they panic, and it gets worse!). What did he do? Let go and slid down backwards on his belly like it was a slide!

Luckily my husband had vacation planned anyway, so it sort of works out. He's definitely worried about being with the kids full time though...and he should be! Lol

Thankfully I do all this from my phone, so thumbs only

Suzanne & Darcy and Lee Renfro like this.
  21. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It is, but I understand those partially outdoor cats. We had one, and man you couldnt keep her inside if your life depended on it. Always found a way out (lot of people coming and going). That's still a good amount of outdoor time though.

Sorry it's still so hot, we've been holding steady in upper 80s/low 90s. Still very warm for us.

Lee Renfro and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  22. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh boy! He’s in for it with that little boy, isn’t he? On your husband’s vacation, I mean. Maybe this extra special bonding time- flying solo - isn’t quite what he had in mind for vacation? But maybe after all it won’t be so bad…. you could get a break and have an interesting jury trial (hopefully interesting.)

FrostD and Lee Renfro like this.
  23. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

I'm sorry that I didn’t have my SS current over the past 48 hrs. I scrolled back thru my meters memory and entered the missing values just now.

@FrostD and @Suzanne & Darcy if y'all could take a gander at Spikes recent numbers, I'd sure appreciate it. I always like to hear yall's input at what you see in the trends and numbers.

Tonite he is at 398/425 from same blood droplet and I'm a bit concerned. He usually meets me at the door when I get home, but tonite he just seemed groggy as if I had woke him from his nap. He doesn't want outside tonite and that's what's got me worried...lol he actually hopped up on my bed onto the baby blanket we use as the testing area and basically said "poke me". After the test, I fed him and he ate well and took his Benazapril with no problems mixed into the 1st bite of his food. He's staying close to my side rather than the usual begging to go out to the back porch...lol. I hope he doesn't feel like crap.

Luckily, I'm off all weekend, so I can test mid-cycle if yall think I should.

Hope yall have a great weekend planned and @FrostD , I hope ur pinky is healing.

FrostD likes this.
  24. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I actually think I didn't break it after all! It's all bruised and gross, think I might still lose the nail, but not much pain today. I didn't bother with x rays because I try to avoid that when pregnant, but also outcome is the same either way - splint. Save myself the hassle.of a COVID filled waiting room and about $100 :rolleyes:

I've been thinking the 0.25 fat might be a little too much now, since that's 3 cycles now he's bounced from it. I really don't see it taking him that low, but with Spike I guess we never know. Let's hope he throws you another low AMPS this weekend so we can see.

Suzanne & Darcy and Lee Renfro like this.
  25. Suzanne & Darcy

You’re right. He starts out in that blue, gets the .25 fat dose and ends up in the pink! Who knows where he went in between. It would definitely be good, Lee, if you could get some mid-cycle tests in this weekend when you’re off - if it’s a cycle where we can learn something. I’m worried about Spike acting differently though. Not asking to go outside? You are still in the midst of oppressive heat, right? I keep seeing weather reports and I think, no relief in sight for Lee. Is Spike still eating okay since you posted about this?

Lee Renfro likes this.
  26. Lee Renfro

Lee Renfro Member

Yes, his appetite is still normal and he still constantly begs for temptations treats. He's back to acting normal today and spent the morning with me helping me sharpen the riding mower blades & supervising his backyard domain. I guess he was just feeling crappy last nite due to the high bg and dint want to be in the heat.