Tabby 2/21

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Well I raised his dose again this amps. I am still giving him a lot less Prozinc than I did Idexx. Going day by day. I don't want him in the 400's for too long. I have to go to work tomorrow and won't be able to get any spot checks.

lastnight +6.5 268
    amps 453 2.6u

He may need a much higher dose but I plan on giving the same 2.6u tonight. I may have to take his old scale and shave it done and start working with that. Right now I am working blink and his numbers are showing it. I will get a +6 today but I think he will be in the 300's again tonight. If I am lucky. He's eating more and being more sluggish than normal. He's a very lazy cat anyway so that one is a little hard to tell. I might take a look at his old scale and work on that today. Not happy with these numbers.

2. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

HIs +6 is 302 so it seems his body is adjusting to this insulin and the initial WOW factor is wearing off already. We will see where we end up at pmps time. I did raise the dose by .2 this am but he's getting a much lower dose than when he was on Idexx. Never know with Tabby.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a good handle on things, and like ProZinc is living up to the PZI name - I like that name the "WOW" factor. Bix got that too, always faking me out at first that we had a good dose!!!

Sorry about that work thing ;-) don't employers understand that spot tests are more important than whatever silly things they think need doing? LOL (don't tell me you work in a hospital or something saving lives, then I'll have to take it all back!!!)

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep, I think we had some "wow" when we started.

One other thing that I think I haven't mentioned was/is that H seemed a little more reactive to dosing changes especially in the beginning of the switch. Right now I generally like adjust in "0.05u" increments unless things get a little further out of whack than I like. But ultimately my guess is that you will need at least as much ProZinc as PZI Vet - but playing it safe like you are will hopefully minimize the yo-yo I got initially. It did take a surprisingly long too for the both of us to get used to the new insulin [put my ego in check :smile: ].

5. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I just put a link in for my profile from the old board. I had to change it some. NOt perfect but it will do. I don't save lifes but I work in a school. I teach a computer math program from Stanford University at the local elementary school. Grades 1st-4th. I do something different with the kindergarten classes. And I go into the 5th and 6th grade classes as there are laptops in those rooms. No life saving for me.LOL

6. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Crap,crap, and more crap. His amps 454
    +6 304
    pmps 452

I raised his dose to 3u. Still lower than his usual dose from Idexx.I hope to see some movement with this dose. Even it a little. :sad:

7. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Alice and Tabby....It looks like Puttz and I are going through the exact same thing with new ProZinc as you...My SugarKitty was a whopping 558 AMPS, and I am now up to a fat 3U, and I don't think we stop there yet! A little discouraging as I am seeing some sluggishness today, day 7, but I have to keep pluggin' along...Keep us posted as it is reassuring to me that someone else is going through this newness also...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.