Today's Numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dianamcc, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dianamcc

Dianamcc New Member

Looking for help in figuring out what's going on with my cat and her numbers today. Gave her 1.5u like usual this AM and have been testing all day, everything has stayed about the same. Could someone look at her spreadsheet and give me your opinion?

Thanks so much, Diana

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

A steady yellow cycle is often indicative of an active cycle coming up so keep your eyes peeled.

I see you're on SLGS protocol, any reason you haven't dropped the dose? She's dropped below 90 more than once.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you @Panic. Elizabeth :bighug::cat:

5. Dianamcc

Dianamcc New Member

My vet has been insistent on keeping her on 2U and I've dropped her down to 1.5 on my own. Should I keep going?

Thank you, Diana

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hold the dose for at least a week:
    • Unless your cat won’t eat or you suspect hypoglycemia
    • Unless your kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L). If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately.
    After 1 week at a given dose perform a 12 hour curve, testing every 2 hours OR perform an 18 hour curve, testing every 3 hours. Note: Random spot checks are often helpful to "fill in the blanks" on kitty's spreadsheet. The goal is to learn how low the current dose is dropping kitty prior to making dose adjustments.
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit

Panic likes this.
  7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yes, on SLGS you reduce by .25u when they dip below 90. Good on you for reducing from 2u, she doesn't need that much. :)

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.