?--Torrey seems to not be responding to her insulin

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Dinee213, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Dinee213

Dinee213 New Member

I've noticed the last few days that I'm seeing less green and blue numbers and more yellow. I did switch on Friday evening to a U100 syringe and had been giving .2 units of Prozinc since the switch. Up until that point I was using a U40 and eyeballing the incremental doses (.75, .5, .25) and yes I could have been off by my doses. Torrey's diet has not changed--she is feed FF pates. Her PS numbers have also increased a bit. I decided yesterday to increase her to .4 unit to see if her numbers changed. So far there isn't much difference between .2 and .4. Is there something that I should be looking for that could cause her numbers to remain stagnant? Vet visit?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Ol_7bWVdvkH9pB8K-fMHEWLDhJmts0IBdv_WFpDnEk/edit?usp=sharing

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hold the 0.4 for a few more cycles, then consider an increase. The insulin is working, because it's bringing numbers down. Likely just a matter of slightly different/inconsistent dosing at those small measurements. Remember insulin is a hormone; it doesn't work the same way day to day, sometimes they need more, sometimes less. Nothing screams vet visit to me, looks completely normal!

3. Dinee213

Dinee213 New Member

Thanks for the reply. It had me concerned when her numbers seemed to be more consistent blues with green then all of a sudden there were more yellows. I'll watch for a few days and go from there.