Tucker dosing thread 8

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by LoveforTucker, Nov 1, 2020.

1. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hey Tucker! How you doing today?
    Still a bit high.

BUT a string of yellows like Tucker got this AM cycle, can sometimes signal the highs before the bounce breaks.
    So see what the AMPS is on 11/2/20 before you decide to increase.

p.s. Hope the PT exercises are going well.

Shelley & Jess and LoveforTucker like this.
  3. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Tucker is rambunctious as heck. Running up and down the hallway, running into my office.. looks at me, then takes off down the hall again. So.. felling pretty good :joyful:

I increased his dose last night to 2.25u. His PMPS was 207. Tested 2 hours later and he was at 220
    AMPS 11/2 255 2.25 shot. Today is curve day!!! I dont have anywhere to go.. for now, lol.. It would be a great day for this!

Thank you! My therapy appt had to be cancelled today. She had a dentist appt, I couldn't reschedule this week due to my work schedule. BUT, I am doing all my exercises. Last Wednesday, I was so busy at work. My leg started giving out on me I was in so much pain by the time I got home. I think I'm going to ask my Dr to send in an order for a steroid injection. I can have one of my work Doctors do this.

Shelley & Jess and Deb & Wink like this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Rambunctious Tucker sounds good. Excellent in fact.
    Even with Tucker in the pinks in mid-cycle, the new dose may need a bit of time to see the full effects.

Patience my dear.

Have you had a steroid injection before? I've had 2 in my hip, and they hurt like heck, even with lidocaine. It was actually MORE painful for about 4-5 days after the steroid shot.

5. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I was a least hoping to see some blues yesterday. Back to work today and for the rest of the week.
    I have not! I sit on them with the procedure though. When did you start getting pain relief? How long did it last? Oh, btw. Hows your knee?

Work called me yesterday and asked about a patient that I had on Friday. This patient called yesterday morning and said that she tested positive for Covid. I did her MRI. She had to remove her mask because I was looking at her head and neck (masks can leave artifacts on the images). Luckily I wasn't in the room with her while she was getting her scan done, but, I did have to start and IV on her and her her ready.. I guess I'll see how it goes this week.

6. Deb & Wink

Darn! Tucker is still high after the dose increase. Come on DOWN Tucker my man!

So, do you need to isolate at all or get yourself tested for covid now after your exposure at work? Or are you still going in to work?

The pain relief from the first steroid injection started about a week later. It only lasted about 6 weeks with the first steroid shot. The second steroid shot did not relieve the hip pain at all, unfortunately. Arthritic knees are still attached to me. ;) Some days are better than others. Some days are easier to get the socks on in the morning!:p Trying to keep my range of motion good, with my daily PT exercises at home.

7. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

AMPS 538! :arghh: What a bounce!!! Good grief buddy! Your stressing meowt buddy! I opened a new vial of prozinc last night. I wonder with the new vial if we'll start seeing a difference.? I didn't have enough of the old vial to last me until this weekend.

I dont need to get a covid test. Still going to work. I just have to take my temp 2x a day and watch for symptoms. I've been exposed SO many times Deb! :blackeye: We all wear masks, use hand sanitizers and clean everything. If I were to get covid, I would of had it by now I'm sure!
    OH no!!! I"m sorry those shots weren't helpful to you! Bummer! pl; <----- That was Tucker. He stepped on the key board. He says hi, LOL Sucks having to live in pain. It stops us from doing the things we love to do. I had a patient yesterday that was out riding his horse. Lightening struck a horse that was close by him, he was bucked off his horse and trampled on. Now he hasn't been able to ride.. He had to put his Stud horse down. He's heart broken. Anyways!! Enough doom and gloom Jami!! Its going to be a good day! 1. my supervisor is on vacation for the rest of the week. 2. its a new day and its supposed to be really nice out 3. I'll stick a pin in this one HAHA!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Shelley & Jess likes this.
  8. Deb & Wink

Oh my goodness (being politically correct here and not swearing)! That was an extreme bounce for sure.

Keep yourself safe Jamie. Keep yourself safe, please.

9. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

@Deb & Wink Tucker had a low today of 42BG. I fed a few temptation treats and a tsp of FF. He raised quickly after. PMPS only read as HI. What the heck!?!!! Anyways, PM shot at 2.0 u.

10. Deb & Wink

He earned a dose reduction, of 0.25U. FOR SURE!

We have a saying here, one of many. "Feed the 40's", because that will help to keep your kitty safe and stave off that symptomatic hypo.
    Don't worry about the HI at PMPS. Probably from those Temptation treats. They will take time to work through his system.
    HI means >600 on most human meters.

So Tucker's new dose going forward is the 2U dose. He'll probably be higher than normal for a few days, so be patient please, and let the BG levels come back to his more normal range. Cats can be more sensitive to insulin, when they have dropped really low. So it was very good you knew to drop the dose.

Just for the data, please try to get a "before bed" test, to see how far Tucker drops from that HI reading.

p.s. Is your SS updating ok? SashaV was having a problem with hers updating.

11. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I feel like that has been my mantra this last year. "feed the 40's" HAHA I'm 43, or maybe its because of Covid.. I've gained some weight over this last year. 7lbs.. easy come easy go I guess Lets just blame it on Covid.. :mad: And my hip which makes it very difficult to exercise. I've been living in sweatpantsville for a few months now. :rolleyes:
    Luckily he wasn't showing any symptoms!! He was just acting like happy go lucky Tucker... I have that 'how to treat hypo' cheat sheet taped on the inside of my cabinet. Along with dosing instructions. When I saw that 41 I started reading. He was only given a few temptations but, boy was he excited!
    I'm having the same issue as Sasha. I add the data and it doesn't get saved to the SS. I updated it this morning.

12. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

@Deb & Wink I need dosing help for tonight please! Two greens today 71 and 61!

13. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

@Deb & Wink Ok.. PMPS 255 I reduced to 2.0u due to the drops today. Tucker showed a LOT of greens today!! I had a PT appt early this morning so I was unable to test soon after his morning injection.. daily BG levels were 71-61-91! Yeah buddy, great come back from that huge bounce yesterday! I'm super happy about those greens! Deb. Thank you for helping me!

14. Deb & Wink

Tucker is due for another dose reduction, since he got those lows today.
    So down from 2U to 1.75U please.

Hope this catches up to you in time.

15. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Got it!! Thanks!

16. Deb & Wink

That was the quick and fast reply. About the dose reduction. I can get really bad, with being "short and sweet" in my answers, but this was one time it was needed.

Tucker sure did clear that bounce fast! Good boy Tucker! It means he is getting more used to the lows and his body can recover faster. That's a good situation.

Little bobbles up and down in our own weight, we can handle that. Personally, I always find it harder to take off weight, than put it on. I'm with you on wearing loose fitting clothes when your hips (or knees or whatever) hurt. Not having your clothes confining you and making the pain worse is so much better. I even have some nice fleece sweatpants for the winter cold! Got them years ago, so have no idea if something like this is still available.

Stress eating, eating for comfort is something I'm real good at. ;) This year has been an especially stressful year for most of us.:(

What kind of phone? Apple iPhone based operating system or Android? Wondering if there is some kind of update that is needed.
    Is there some kind of update for Google Sheets and/or Google drive that needs to be installed? Those apps are what allow you to update the SS on your smartphone.

Is there somewhere that tells you if you are in "view only" mode when you open the SS on your phone?
    Or another way to do a "save" on the data, instead of having Google automatically save the data for you?

Haven't used the Google SS in a long time, so not sure what would help you out. Never updated the SS on a smartphone, since I don't own one.

17. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I wasn't used to seeing so many greens in one day! THREE!!! I went ahead and reduced the dose to 1.75, then a little later I saw your reply, thank you! The dose reduction 2 days in a row threw me off.
    I KNOW!!! Makes me so happy that his body is getting used to lower levels of BGs.
    Its a constant struggle IMO LOL My DH has been cooking a lot lately. Lots of pot roasts and pasta dishes.. Yum, but, not so good for my bum! HAHA
    I have an android. I'll check if there is an update needed. I normally use my desk top for the SS, but when I use my phone that's when things get kind of hairy. After I enter in the data on my phone, it gives me the option to save it.

18. Deb & Wink

Ok, so Tucker is bouncing a bit high after those low greens yesterday. Be patient please and let him settle back down.

Two dose reductions in a row aren't common, but his BG levels did indicate the need to do that.

I wish I had someone to cook for me! I cook larger batches, and have plenty of leftovers for days, and freeze some for later. Usually cook about 2 days a week, in a cooking spree. My downfall is cheese and chocolate. But I have no one to blame except myself, since I'm the one that does the shopping and keeping the kitchen stocked.;) Portion control is key, but hard to do. I won't be as active during the winter, since I can't garden anymore at some point. Right now, that is keeping my physical activity level pretty high. I always gain more weight in the winter, and take it off over the spring and summer with my gardening.

LoveforTucker and Shelley & Jess like this.
  19. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

AMPS 469. I haven't been sleeping very well lately, hence the midnight and 1am BG tests. I was in xray yesterday and ran my butt off! Anyways, I wasn't able to get any more tests last night. I crashed and slept ALL NIGHT! Woohoo!! :woot: I used my tens unit on my hip, took some advil pm and good night! :joyful: I'm off again Thursday and Friday, so I'll be able to get some good tests mid cycles.

I used to meal prep quite a bit as well! I would just make large batches of brown rice, chicken, ground turkey etc. This was back when I was eating really boring and healthy. LOL Oh my gosh.. cheeeese.. yes please! So good. Cheese and pickles. I love the little farmers stores around here that makes their own pickles! I usually try to stock up, but, the stock doesn't last very long. :D
    Normally during summer and spring months Im a lot more active. Biking, walking etc.. These last couple seasons weren't that great. It would be so nice to have a large private property like you have. I would love to garden more and get outside!
    Ok.. off to start the day! Have a great day Deb!

20. Deb & Wink

Hummm. I'm thinking that Tucker dropped low somewhere overnight, and then bounced high to that RED BG at AM pre-shot. But he is back down to the YELLOW BG range for PM pre-shot, so the bounce didn't last long at all. Quicker, and quicker recovery time from those bounces for Tucker, as he body gets used to more lows.

I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. Very important to keep yourself healthy and well rested too.

I still say to hold the 1.75U dose for now. Looking forward to seeing some more tests on your days off.

Aren't those T.E.N.S units great?!?!? When I've been gardening too much, or been sitting at the computer too much, it helps the sciatica. I used to wear the T.E.N.S. out in the garden, but haven't needed to do that in quite some time.

21. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

The first test this morning showed 32 bg.. I ran anther test 254.. whew! I have a PT appt at 10am, probably wont get back home until 1130.

Same here!! I hope he can show us some more greens!
    Oh my gosh yes!! I actually forgot that I had one!!

22. Deb & Wink

Whenever you get a BG reading that seems "off", it's a smart move to retest again right away. Sometimes, you get more pale fluid than blood, and that can read low. Happens more often for people that "milk the ear" instead of letting the blood drop form naturally.

I see that Tucker got back down into the "yellow" zone today. So the lower dose of 1.75U seems to be good for him right now.

My chiropractor recommended the T.E.N.S unit. My primary care doc poo pooed it.

23. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

He wasn't bleeding very well this morning, only 59 in the house., so I DID milk the ear.. Probably got serous fluid, rather than nice blood. I couldn't imagine Tucker being that low! 32.. He slept with me last night.. normally roams around the house and eats left over FF. I'm thinking it was a bad strip. My mind went straight away to business.. "what does the sheet say, do I still have honey on hand, is my vet open today" AGHH.. These kitties !!! LOL
    Yes! He's been yellow all day today! I'm hoping we'll see some blues and greens tomorrow!

Deb & Wink and Shelley & Jess like this.
  24. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

We had such a busy day today. PMPS 462. Pretty sure Tucker dipped lower, than 125 at +5 but, I didn't catch it as we were away from home.

25. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Not much progress today.. Maybe tomorrow will be better!

26. Deb & Wink

Sometimes, cats do not hold the dose reductions well, and their BG levels go up again,higher than they should be. In that case, you go back up in the dose of insulin.
    Tucker did have 2 dose reductions back to back. That may have been too quick for him.

You may want to do a curve on Sunday before you decide to increase the dose again.

27. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Thank you! I'm off tomorrow! I just saw your message today 11/15. I have a PT appt at 10 am tomorrow 11/16.. I'll be back home at 1130. I'll do a curve tomorrow.. but, I'm sure I'll still see yellows all day again. I was afraid that a double dose reduction, back to back, would be too soon for him as well... i'm thinking about increasing his dose again to 2.0 tomorrow. BUT! He never shows a response in an increase for a couple days after.. Ugh.. Dang.. I'm at a loss here. I'm back to work on Tuesday.

28. Deb & Wink

Sigh.

I still think you want to increase his dose back to 2U.

29. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I increased to 2u :) Sorry for my indecisive round and round blabbering .
    I was debating with myself about the curve. LOL.

30. Deb & Wink

Talking to yourself again? It can be a great way to think things out. Saying something out loud can help you to talk out the pros and cons.

I see nothing the matter with a bit of "discussing" your next steps with yourself.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Reason for edit: spelling fix
  31. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

HAHA!! :smuggrin::rolleyes: Always! Its funny, at work when I have to start an IV on a patient who is particularly a 'hard stick'. I talk to myself AND forewarn my patient about the 'discussion' I'm having with myself. It usually results in a one stick, rather than a 3 stick. LMBO My patients laugh and agree with my goofy logic.

32. Deb & Wink

You can "stick" me anytime to start an IV! Usually, they call in another person when the first few attempts don't work. Thankfully, I haven't needed an IV done in a long time. Even getting a blood draw can be problematic, and those folks poke arms ALL DAY LONG.

33. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

AMPS 118 No shoot!! YAYTucker!!
    I'd LOVE TO!! OH goodness! I'm sorry! That really stinks. Not meaning to sound proudful at all but, I'm usually the one ppl go and get when they have a tough time.

34. Deb & Wink

No dose for Tucker this morning! Way too low for you to shoot and go to work and feel that Tucker is safe.

How high did he go this evening? 11/17/20

LoveforTucker likes this.
  35. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I fixed the SS.. Looks like I had two November 12's on there, hehe..
    11/17, his PMPS was 281 +3 was 208.

11/18 AMPS 284.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  36. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I think everyone has problems with the SS. There is several threads about it in the support group and on the help section of Google spreadsheet itself. It might be a bug in the SS itself but its annoying as **** :banghead:

Deb & Wink and LoveforTucker like this.
  37. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Hey lady!! It is!! How many times does one need to fix it?!:mad:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  38. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Hey Lady!! Good to see ya! It is!! How many times does one need to fix it?! :mad:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  39. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I really don't know :arghh:
    Wonder what people without a computer does?

40. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Pen and paper!!! HAHA!! Geez.. when I was in college computers weren't used yet in the class room! It was all text books! That was only 1998.

Deb & Wink and SashaV like this.
  41. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Hahaha I know! But with the spreadsheet. Then what? Mine only works after being opened on my laptop.

Well, in 2008 they weren't used in the classroom here either. I feel old....

LoveforTucker and Deb & Wink like this.
  42. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I have the SS app on my phone too, but, when I use the one on my phone, it wont update the SS on my computer.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  43. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Whaaat? That sounds funny! It's the other way to me. Do you have Google drive too?

LoveforTucker and Deb & Wink like this.
  44. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I think I have drive, LOL!! I guess its there but I dont use it.. HAHA!! :confused:

SashaV and Deb & Wink like this.
  45. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

PMPS 124!!! No shoot! Yay Tucker!! I didn't get any PM tests last night. I wasn't feeling very good.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  46. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

Can you stall to see if he's on the rise?

47. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

:( I didn't stall! He was so hungry. He tested pretty high all day though.. kind of expected it. Normal shot this evening.. Thank you Shelley for checking in on me!! :bighug:

48. Deb & Wink

Hope you are feeling better Jami.

LoveforTucker and Shelley & Jess like this.
  49. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

I am! Thank you!

50. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

@Deb & Wink I'm thinking about increasing Tuckers dose to 2.25. He gave me a blue a couple days ago, but.. IDK.. I'm off Thurs thru Tuesday this week so I could get some test mid cycle.

51. Deb & Wink

Bump it up Jami! Tucker's dose that is, not this thread by replying!

p.s. Trying to keep the PSA post bumped up here.

52. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

HAHA.. All of a sudden I have this song in my head "Pump up the jam, pump it up While you feet are stompin' " Ahh.. brings back memories from when I was in Middle School. LOL

53. Deb & Wink

Time for a new thread too Jami.
    This one?

54. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

HAHAHAAA!!! Oh my gosh yes!! How funny!! :woot: Thanks for making my day!!

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!!! I'm really debating on going to my parents today! I haven't seen them since July, but, I was just exposed to a positive covid patient a couple weeks ago.. and possibly more, but just didn't know it. :arghh:

55. Deb & Wink

"Better to have a Zoom Thanksgiving, than an ICU Christmas" is a meme going around on Twitter, Facebook and other real news sites, like MSNBC and CNN.

LoveforTucker likes this.
  56. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

Exactly!! I dont want to be responsible for getting anyone sick! At work we have 3 of our Ultrasound girls out now because they were dx with Covid due to a positive patient. We're seeing a huge influx in covid again in the area I work. I stayed home yesterday. Bill and I made our own little Thanksgiving dinner..
    OH!! Its time for a new thread isn't it!!

57. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member