TYLER'S JOURNEY #6

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda
    THURSDAY 7-25-19
    AMPS - 165 do you think I should stay with fat 0.5 or skinny 0.75 u
    Just looked at other pre shots that were the same in the morning and we went with the skinny 0.75 what do you think, and I can monitor him through the day

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes I'd go with the skinny 0.75u. :D

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok will do. I'll talk to you later, I'm ready to give Tyler his shot now. Don't work to hard
    today in the garden.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

What's up with Tyler's numbers today, this is the first time when tested that his BG
    numbers have gone up, instead of down. Maybe I didn't eye the skinny 0.75 that exact
    but still at his pre shot shouldn't his numbers have gone down @MrWorfMen's Mom

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes normally you'd expect numbers to go down but this happens sometimes. It might also be a sign that a lower dose at that AMPS might be the trick but that remains to be seen. Remember each reading is a moment in time so don't dwell on those numbers......He'll do better.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok , but I would always like to check with you about the dosages, if that's ok. Will see what tonight brings and tomorrow morning. How's the garden work coming along, nice weather today @MrWorfMen's Mom

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

Putzing with stuff inside today until it cools off a bit. Pulled more weeds yesterday and hands are a bit sore today so thought I'd give them a rest from the pulling until tonight unless it rains.
    You can check about doses but you need to gain some confidence in yourself too. While I'm usually here around your shot time, there will be days when I'm not and you need to feel comfortable making decisions yourself in case you can't get a response in a timely fashion. I think you know what to do. Now you just have to convince yourself. ;)

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes I know lol, just maybe wanted to check for tomorrow morning in case we might try lowering his AMPS and see what happens. Maybe this morning was just a one timer.
    We've been getting rain here at night also, on and off. This weekend and next week we are going to be back up in the high 80's and low 90's again with high humidity. Not looking forward to it. Aug 8th I have to take Perry to the vet for his 6 month blood work for his kidney disease. I hope his numbers will be good. His last ones were pretty good and even his creatinine came down. Hoping it will be the same. He is still in stage 2. @MrWorfMen's MomOh forgot to let you know that for his PMPS I will start a new thread TYLER'S JOURNEY #7

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.