UK members - what high carb food do you have for a hypo?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hercule's mum, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

@Elizabeth and Bertie

I have been using gourmet gold with gravy, but I need to order ahead as not available at local supermarkets. I find myself with only one can today and a few days before next order comes in. I do have plenty of honey, but I was wondering if there is any other reccomended food for hypos?

Thank you!

2. Hercule's mum

3. Teetee (UK)

Teetee (UK) Member

Hi Karen
    I use Gourmet Gold as well so i can't really give any guidance but have you tried Pets at Home, they have it in stock at my local one so maybe at yours as well.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  4. Hercule's mum

Unfortunately I only have small tesco, coop and sainsburys around me...

5. Teetee (UK)

Teetee (UK) Member

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  6. kittyinbath

kittyinbath New Member

Hello everyone! I had been cheerfully feeding Felix Senior 7+ pouches to my 2 cats until one of them got diagnosed. I was horrified to find their high carb percentage (9.7) on the UK food list, although it only applies to one of the 2 variety packs. I still have a large box full, which I thought of saving for hypo situations. My cats do love the jelly which I presume is colour-enhanced with caramel.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You can use any type of syrup (e.g., corn syrup, maple syrup) or honey. You use only a few drops. Using a high carb cat food isn't essential as any natural sweetener can raise numbers.

kittyinbath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.