Vet increased Milos Lantus to 1.5 Units.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mariaana and Milo, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

Hi all;
    I did my first curve at home yesterday,(25/02/2021 and sent the spread sheet results
    to our Vet this morning. He said to increase his Lantus from 1 Unit twice a day to 1.5 Units to starting this evening.
    PMPS is in ca 45 min.. if someone could please take a look at Milos spread sheet/ curve etc..
    before his dosing time i would greatly appreciate it. I just want to make sure its ok to shoot
    the increased dose tonight.( PMPS is pending in 40 min.)Thank You!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With our dosing method you would increase to 1.25, especially getting a nadir under 200 today and others under 300.

3. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

Thanks for responding!

4. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

How would i measure 1.25 Units? My syringes are Eli Medical syringes 3/10 ml/cc
    the syringe has larger 'increments on the RIGHT SIDE ~ reading 30 Units.
    And THE LEFT side has smaller increments reading ~3/10 ml.
    I am unsure how to measure the smaller dose: 1.25 Units..
    Guessing it would be just a tad below the 1 Unit mark then? Thanks.

5. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

I am new to all this Thanks for your reply I'm replying to you again as i don't know if you got my earlier reply.(I totally suck on the computer!)
    FYI i Milo was 17.1 at PMPS so i shot 1.25 Units.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad you didn’t increase by .50. Id get a test at +2. If it’s lower than the PMPS you will likely have an active cycle. If higher probably not. It’s important to find out how low a dose takes him so you need some mid cycle tests at night. If you see a +2 lower than the PMPS I would set an alarm for a test between +5-7.

7. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

Thank you so much i will do a test at +2 for sure and also follow your advice with setting my alarm if needed
    to test + 5-7.
    Sorry for being a pest...Another question...I think i measured the the 1.25 right..
    Syringes are Eli Medical Insulin syringes/ 3/10ml/cc/ it has larger increments on Right Side
    reading 30 Units. And on the left side it has smaller increments reading 3/10 ml,
    I drew up' just a tad' below the 1 Unit mark .Happy and very grateful to have found this fantastic supportive and caring group!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

9. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

That's awesome and great photos in close details! I think i may have seen this one in my early readings
    here on FDMB ,due to stress my mind is spinning... with all the good information and terrific advice from this very
    knowledgeable and helpful group of caring folks. Thank you so much!