What dose do you use?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by leena & bobby, Dec 21, 2020.

1. leena & bobby

leena & bobby New Member

I'm curious what dose everyone's cat gets. Of course every cat is different, but I'd like to know where my foster cat is on the scale and what is relatively "normal" for a diabetic cat.

When i got him he was eating wet and dry food and getting 2 u of prozinc twice a day.

Now he only eats FF and gets 1/2 unit of prozinc twice a day.

I switched to U-100 syringes with half unit markers so I can be more precise with his doses. He's been on a bit of a rollercoaster because as soon as he goes low i give him a bit of dry food which always ends up spiking him. I also caught him eating the dog food a couple times, so we have to remember to put the dog dish away now.

2. WYMoreta

WYMoreta Member

Hi @leena & bobby ,

My cat Gizmo was diagnosed in October of this year, and I didn't find this forum until a month ago. Gizmo started at 2, went to 3, then 4 units of Prozinc, and then I learned about this forum. Right now we're dosing at 1.5. I also switched to the U100 syringes, and while I don't have to worry about Gizmo eating the dogs food (he eats his dinner in 2 minutes flat), I did catch her eating some of my Civvie cat's food today. I always take the food up, but this morning one of my civvie cats had bloodwork done (was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism), and I let him have food after we got back from the vet and Gizmo got into it.

Hope you are having a great day!

WYMoreta