What might be causing hair loss above one eye?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Camcat, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camcat

Camcat Member

My sweet Cam has just finished a week long course of Clavamox. She's feeling nauseated and is vomitting. Taking her to the vet today (ketones are normal, so I'm hoping it's just constipation). But, she's also been scratching at her left eye, and balding noticeably during this same period. It's not symmetrical. There is no evidence of infection. It doesn't seem itchy (I've rubbed the area myself and gotten no reaction from her). Could it be stress? Could it also be the Clavamox? Could it be a food allergy? Pictures attached. Has anyone experienced Clavamox and hair-loss? Or vomitting and hair-loss? Appreciate any guidance and insight.

Attached Files:

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

whoa thats over my level. Sending healing vines. Someone with more to offer will be here soon .

Camcat likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Please let us know what the vet says, she sure is a cutie

Camcat likes this.
  4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Most food allergic reactions are symmetrical so it may not be a reaction from food. Adoubt from the oral Clavamox. Could be a contact alergic reaction or irratition. I wouod ject monitor it to see if you can see Cam pswing at itt or if it gets worse.
    Cats inherently have less hair above the eyes and that is really evident on a black cat and not really noticeable for light furred cats.

Camcat likes this.
  5. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Ringworm.

Camcat likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes. My thought too... a ringworm. Very treatable with correct treatment

Camcat likes this.
  7. Camcat

Camcat Member

Update: the vet seems to think this is unrelated to her other symptoms. Just a small bacterial infection. In terms of her other symptoms, pancreatitis :/

8. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

Glad the hair loss is easy to treat. So sorry to here about the pancreatitis. I hope your girl feels better soon.

Camcat likes this.
  9. Camcat

Camcat Member

Thank you @Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.